Mental Health Forums

Diagnosis

spaghetti

I sometimes feel the same about the "club" people meeting up phoning each other but then I am happy just having contact through a web board...I don't chat on the phone to anyone so its not like if anyone offered I would ring them..

I do find it easier to reply to people who i have some idea of there life and not so much people who just join then post in crisis ...

make me a bad person prolly but today i just don't care

Mrs Tree

Hi there

Its ok, I understand.

I think I would be worried too

but I dont like to hurt anyone

and would feel terrible if i did

so I am sorry

xx

Miko thanks for your opinon and advice. i do not know whether bpd is something one can cure or not. however I hope so. i do not know if it is good to hide details form my life in front of my T. this would lead to more frustration i think. if the T cannnot cope with it and feels really disharmonius then its maybe better to look for another one.

Miko thanks for your opinon and advice. i do not know whether bpd is something one can cure or not. however I hope so. i do not know if it is good to hide details form my life in front of my T. this would lead to more frustration i think. if the T cannnot cope with it and feels really disharmonius then its maybe better to look for another one.

Lie,

I do not intend to offer advice but to make the vaguest of suggestions only, like a painting on a gallery wall.

Don't look for a different therapist without extremely strong reasons.

Your therapist may not be doing unsuitable things to you and the level of detail you are giving your therapist may be right for you both.

Hi Lie

I just re-read and caught up with this thread and I would like to say that I disagree strongly with the points that Miko makes and I feel that there is a certain level of invalidity to Miko's points since he is not experienced in undergoing therapy and seemingly has not got a BPD dx either. I think that Pip made valid points in trying to dispute Miko's posts. This is not a personal attack on Miko but I cannot strongly enough say how hard life is negotiating this dx and negotiating therapy and negotiating life in general amongst all of those who don't understand.

If you feel that therapy is in any way abusive, unhelpful, or not suited to your current situation, ask for a different referral or a different counsellor. Abusive and unhelpful therapy is exactly that. Abusive and unhelpful.

Also, I appreciate you may feel like there is some kind of 'club' thing going on, but I have been a member for a long time, I extremely rarely PM people, I never go into chat, I don't have any contacts for people outside of this board and I will not be meeting up with any people in real life. I prefer that my contribution stays public and posted on threads. Just my own personal preference. But I never feel in any way bothered about the fact that other FMs phone or visit or chat with each other, its really not a problem.

thanks for your support Real, it is reaally helpful!!!

you have made it perfectly clear. thanks!

miko i think it is difficult if you have to hide something form the terapist.. that is not a terapy then.. it would not work in my case... i have no idea what to tell and what not.. maybe that means that i have no borders i do not know..

well if there are people that know each other it is ok to me ii is natural for some people to become closer since i livein another country i will also probably be only posting but it is ineteresting for me to be here.

aaaand nowwwww the truth....

i do not know if do not overdo when i talk about my T.. i think i only describe him in bad terms and that is a shit i am sorry for that. it is completely different to be there and to be at home, where i see things much "darker" :). maybe i am just paranoid and fiddle with the smallest details.. never mind maybe it will get better.. when i am 64 :)

1. The comments of Pip and Realscape are right and valid.

2. I got defensive vicariously because of certain abuse which I have witnessed in person, heard about in these pages, and also was warned against by a previous GP of mine, and projected that into your situation (panic disorder and obsessive-compulsive disorder).

3. Glad to hear you can take a 'happy medium' position about what your therapist is doing to you. I promise to try and take one myself about other people's affairs.

4. You are aware there may be a problem of boundaries with some people and some therapists, and you have discerned that is not the case with you and that you are giving an appropriate amount of detail.

5. Sorry I made you have to stand up for yourself over this. Showing that I have a boundary problem (OBD - obnoxious busybody disorder!).

Archived