Mental Health Forums

Errr....!

Madeleine

Well, of course if I'm posting here I'm new. Not sure how long I'll be around cos no doubt in about 3 days I'll decide you all hate me and leave, or in about 3 days you actually WILL all hate me and I'll leave. :( But hey, here's to the next 3 days!!! B)

Thanks,

Scarlett

LOL!

Welcome, Scarlett! I'm fairly new too. I've only just started to post anyway.

I doubt anyone will hate you - who could hate someone with such a fantastic sense of humour? :)

Suze

welcome scarlett

good to have you join us. i hope you can stand us for more than 3 days!

do you have a "gone with the wind" fetish or is scarlett based on something else? just wondered.

bets

welcome scarlett

good to have you join us. i hope you can stand us for more than 3 days!

do you have a "gone with the wind" fetish or is scarlett based on something else? just wondered.

bets

Actually, Scarlett is my 2 year old niece... well named too! She's a wee divil.

Thanks for your welcomes... hope to be here longer than 3 days too!

Scarlett

Hi, Scarlett, and welcome!

Am I making this reply to you within your 3-day limit? :D I'm sorry for laughing, but I found that remark quite funny, and it pretty well describes how I was feeling, as well. I joined shortly before you did...only I don't have enough of a sense of humour to come out and say such a thing...

Sometimes I wonder if maybe it's not a good idea, for us 'newbies' to try to get acquainted with each other, first, since this site is huge, and the membership number overwhelming...

I promise, I will NOT 'hate' you, when your 3 days are up, or any time after that, either...and I don't bite...

allpsychedout

Sometimes I wonder if maybe it's not a good idea, for us 'newbies' to try to get acquainted with each other, first, since this site is huge, and the membership number overwhelming...

Hi,

And thanks for your welcome... I think that your idea of us newbies getting acquainted is a good one cos this really is a scary place to be when everyone knows each other and many people seemed overwhelmed by our arrival :unsure: Maybe we could have a pm round to introduce ourselves?

Scarlett :)

welcome scarlett, i hope you will be around a lot longer than 3 days, everyone here is great, supportive and understanding, look forward to getting to know you , take care rosehip xxx

Hi and :welcomeani:

We won't hate you! But most of us will be able to relte to feeling like that. So if in three days you want to leave, make a post! And I'm sure we will tell you that is your bpd speaking and not the way we feel at all! :)

Take care x

:D Yeah, still here and no one's told me to bog off yet, so things are looking good! Thank you all for your welcomes... it really does make a difference as I'm sure you remember from when you were new. Here's hoping to getting to know you better, and hoping you don't get to know me too well for obvious reasons :rolleyes:

Scarlett

Is this day 3?

I hope so

and I hope you are getting to know us

It just takes time.

This site is FAB

people are very understanding

and you WILL get to know us

See you in chat sometime

Do you work?

Pip

x

I find chat really really scary, so don't know if/when I'll pluck up the courage to go in. No, I don't work, only go out to appointments etc or if I'm with a friend cos anxiety really bad. But must admit, finding this place addictive already, so hopefully, nervous breakdowns notwithstanding I'll be hanging around and eventually I'll wear you down into getting to know me through sheer persistance. Gawd help yous. :P

Scarlett

Scarlet,

Don't be scared of communicating is healthy and is good for this website, hope you feel comfortable here and you stay longer than you expect.

Take care,

Leslie

Hi Scarlett,

I'm a newbie but have found this site to be a life saver!!!

Have only just found my way around it and so this is the first time Ive been to another part as been stuck in 'new posts' - feeling left out now as have missed so much that is on here so am going to have a good look through it all now!!

Look forward to getting to know you,

Jodi xx

Thanks Leslie, but it does feel daunting when you read so many members are feeling that there are too many new members :(

Jodie, thanks for your welcome and hope to get to know you too.

Scarlett

I hope your stil around, i think youll find most of us here are pretty welcoming and non judgemental and it will take a fair bit to turn us against you so try relax and just enjoy the new resource you found.

Babs xx

New members help to keep the site alive and while for some of the older members its hard attimes to keep track of the newbies its not that they dont want you here, its just a matter of it being daunting to them as well trying to get to know everyone.

Archived