Mental Health Forums

Sick Of Being This Way

Vorpalblade

Well, as you may or may not know, i am a bulimic, have been since i was 15ish. I'm not a classic binge eater and purger. I just eat "normally" and throw it up.

Not sure why i just mentioned that because it has nothing to do with what i am writing about right now.

Anyway, 3 years ago i was anorexic. I went from a size 16 to a size 8 in about 4 months. I was really ill mentally, i had just had my breakdown. So times were bad.

But i find myself looking back with rose tinted glasses at those times.

I am currently a size 18, i blame it on the meds. Whatever the reason, i can't handle it anymore. I am not meant to be this size. It is not me. I know that an 18 is fine for some people, but it is just too big for my frame.

So being BPD i have made a decision..i am going to go back to my old anorexic ways. Yes, i plan to starve myself. Please don't reply to this message if you are going to get on your moral highhorse about this. It is something that i feel i have to do. I can't do a regular diet, it's all or nothing with me, as it will be for a lot of you with many things in your life.

I guess i just need to feel in control of something, and food is one place where we can get that control isn't it.

I went shopping today and i was trying bikinis on. I looked dreadful, really dreadful. This is what compounded my decision to embark on this lifestyle change. I'd already been looking at pro-ana and thinspiration sites this week so the idea was already there. In fact i joined one of the sites so i could share the experience and seek advice etc.

So, that's about it really.

Blade

I don't know you physically but I care more about what is inside you.

If you go back to your anorexic life, for sure you'll be away from us most of the time.

Hang in there hun

Un abrazo fuerte,

Leslie

Hi Blade

I completely understand where you're coming from as your situation is an exact reflection of my own. Around 3 months ago I decided to buy back into my 'anorexic thinking'. I have subsequently rapidly lost weight, feel much better, and am regaining my physical fitness.

However, I would like to say that although I have been able to utilise my 'anorexic thinking' to determinedly stick to the permanent removal of certain foods from my diet, I have maintained eating a healthy diet. I kicked off with the 'lemonade diet' which was a bit anorexic but actually helped me break overeating. Subsequently sticking to healthy, fresh fruit and veg, pulses, seeds and nuts, has helped my energy levels stay even too so I don't crave food so much.

I think reading Martina Navratilova's new book about diet, healthy eating, energy levels, motivation, etc, would be much better than ana sites. Dunno what its called but saw her promoting on tv last week. She is very slim but not malnourished. I understand your thinking but I really hope you can keep it to the healthy side of things. Rapid weight loss and starvation will screw with your mind and make you feel confused and depressed. As I am sure you know.

Rapid weight loss and starvation will screw with your mind and make you feel confused and depressed. As I am sure you know.

yea, i know, it happened last time, thing is..right now i just don't care, it isn;t high on my list of priorities.

Blade

:bigarmhug[1]:

Well, I really hope you lose some weight quickly and sustain some regular weight loss so that you can feel better about your body and also get your fitness back. I have and feel much better. It can be done safely.

(((((((((((((((((((blade)))))))))))))))))))))) im sorry u feel u have to do this, im not gonna try and talk u out of it if ur minds made up, but i care about u and am worried bout u. but i also understand i often think about starving myself too, i hate how fat i am. i know this is stupid but pls try to stay safe ok?

kitkat

I will stay safe, no need to worry.

I got weighed this morning and i am the heaviest i have ever been..almost 14 stone - not good.

Blade

blade i so understand what your doing im in the same boat. so take care of yourself. only diffrence im not over weight im normal weight just now which is driving me battie.

hey dont feel sry ive allways been this way.. i did have a time when i was doing ok for while. but thats when im down to certain weight. i havent made my self sick for years. i took control of that long time ago now i just starve myself. hope that all makes sense im away with the fairies today.

((((((((Bladey))))))))

weight is shit and hating it worse, sorry hon.

anyhow hon, just wanted to add, my dog got stroked and played with by martina N....he was staying at the breeders and she was there picking up a new doggy a staffy as it happens and he was on his hols so he got to be touched by my all time femaile tennis star....i have never thought it possible to be jealous of a dog..and furthermore have you tried asking one what someone is like....how fucking annoying , i dont speak dog and he was just not interested...just another peeps to play with him....what a tart..me i'd have been....actually speechless and crass asking for autographs and probably would have stared at her in amazement..

sorry to go on but she is my all time favourite

Bladey....sorry for being a complete knob with my Higgins ( magnum )interjection....keep well whatever you do and if you need help with this then ask we are all in it together and as a self confessed starver what can i say ...right?

thanks Jai

hugs

well it's lunchtime here at work and i am starving. drinking fizzy pop to help ward off the pangs.

am going to go to Tesco on teh way home and get a cooked chicken and some salad for tea. I'll have a small helping and that will be it for today.

i just keep trying to remind myself that if i have hunger pangs that means i am losing weight. right?

Blade

nope just means your stoumach is needing food and will start use its reserves and then slow your matabism down. but you know that in long run you will.. i injoy feeling starved i have so much energy when i do it..but thats in my head.

sssshh Barebones, don't shatter my delusions!

Have decided that i am going to eat less than 500 calories a day. 500 being the very maximum, 100 being more realistic for me.

Tonight i will have a small plate of lettuce, tomato, cucumber, radish and beetroot. That will be it.

Archived