Mental Health Forums

Sick Of Being This Way

Vorpalblade

(((((((Blade)))))))

I have a theory regarding eating disorders when it comes to women who have suffered abuse, especially sexual abuse. It goes along the lines that a woman who has been sexually abused subconsciously develops eating habits that promote weight gain in an attempt to make them unattractive to any would be abusers out there, a defence mechanism of sorts.

Don’t know why I’m mentioning it here in this thread other than it may ring a bell with you and help you with your problem regarding controlling your weight. By going on a normal diet with exercise, it frightens you into thinking you are putting yourself at risk of abuse again by becoming more attractive as you perceive it and the more drastic measure of becoming anorexic shortens the fear cycle but causes fear, stress and anxiety, therefore illness when the weight is lost.

Just my theory, the theory of a self confessed idiot :D but perhaps there is something in it.

Take care and best wishes,

Phil

Blade you can lose weight quickly. You don't need to go anorexic. And yes you can eat as little as 500 kcalories a day without turning ill.

Blackburn's protein-diet can make you lose weight quite fast. The hardest part being not to take back the weight you lost.

Basically you eat only lean protein sources like :

skimmed milk, lean beef, lean ham, chicken, eggs (without its skin), fish....And that's it. Nothing else. Well no other food. But you need to take some pills : vitamins, magnesium and to drink a lot of water.

Still I urge you to experience this diet under medical supervision. Just go to your GP and tell him about Blackburn's diet. He surely knows about it.

Take care of yourself.

If you want no food, you also can do the same with proteins powder mixed with skimmed milk or water + 400g of vegetables per day.

But your GP will explain this to you.

((((((((Blade)))))))))

just wanted you to know that I read this and that I empathise with you. I won't crap on about me, but I just feel for you that's all....

Poodle

xx

birdesh, that sounds even more extreme than the Atkin's diet that i am kinda doing.

Thanks Poodle

Well i have lost 7lb in past couple days so i am happy

havent lost any weight the past 2days ggrrr

good news is that i havent made myself sick since last sunday, oh except for twice, which is a lot less than i normally would have done.

blade

From looking at your thread you have been losing alot of weight way too quickly. Therefore your weight loss was bound to slow down, if it doesn't you will make yourself ill. 2lbs is the right direction and if thats over the last couple of days well you have more days to come. Just be careful.

I am sure lots of people would love to lose the amount you have so quickly. Unfortunately for some people weight does not come off so quickly, so even if they ate what you have been they may still not lose half as much. So consider yourself lucky for losing so much so soon - i wish i could.

Take care and be careful.

I noticed that I would lose a lot of weight within a few days when going from overeating to normal eating, which might be about the same cut down you made on your food intake. I guess it's a lot of water and stuff like that. It had to slow down.

Take care of your body. Making yourself sick is so bad for it. But I guess you know that.

And 2lb in a few days is about as much as you can expect anyway! It's really a lot. Just try and have a chance to return to normal eating at one point without putting on too much weight again. That's really a risk when you go on an extreme diet because your metabolism slows down so much.

Sorry for not being able to suppress the voice of reason that you might not want to hear.

I do hope you keep on losing weight! Just maybe not for your holidays but in the long run.

Love

Eva

I can understand that. I don't give a damn about the voice of reason when I'm binging every day. I just can't help it, the urge is stronger. I think we just have to keep it in mind for the moment when it might be strong enough again and then grasp the chance.

Hugs

Eva

Archived