Mental Health Forums

Blade's Eating Thread

Vorpalblade

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll tell you two things :

1) Congratulations : you're losing weight fast.

2) Be careful : you're losing weight too fast and now you might get ill should you carry on that way.

Believe me, that's no preaching at all. That's just plain science. You can eat more proteins and still lose weight quickly (roughly twice as slow as what you're doing now -which is already very fast)

Take care

22lbs in 11 days is way too much. You are going to make yourself very ill.

It is not sustainable, and when you do start to eat more "normally" then you will regain a good amount of that.

Your body will be in starvation mode, and you will be malnurished.

Please try and eat a little bit more. Sorry, I'm sure you know all this....

Take care x

Blade

You will be in Ketosis now

That means that you have used your glcogen stores

and are using fat as fuel.

WELL DONE YOU.

If you pee'd on one of those ketostix

- it would turn purple!!!!!!!

I am really jealous

and am going to do it too!!!!!!!!

But I will probably eat more than you

as I don't really need to lose weight

I am very proud of you!!!!!!!

Pips

x

If your goal is to be thinner and better looking, then you're making a mistake. As you're not eating enough proteins, you cause your muscles to be eaten away -in addition to disrupting your hormonal balance.

You need more proteins to get thin by losing the excedent fat you've stored so far.

Otherwise, you'll mostly lose muscle AND you'll compulsorily have to regain it in order to walk, raise your baby, go to work, etc. Therefore, you'll necessarily end up with a lot of your initial weight.

In addition to transport hormones proteins cannot be done without.

If you don't eat enough high quality proteins, you WILL soon get severe metabolism disruptions with dire consequences : severe mood disturbance, physical weakness, erratic periods, insomnia...And so much more ! Plain science !

However, if you eat enough proteins you WILL lose fat quickly while remaining fit and alert. You might even get a boost and feel better than usual thanks to ketosis and amino-acid balance. In addition, you'll get a nice, attractive figure and will not need to take some pounds back. Plain science !

So focus on your goal Blade.

Take care

It's true Pip, when in ketosis you lose your appetite. But ketosis is rather desirable because it helps with the diet. It is not harmful by itself. What is really harmful is proteins deficiency.

Yeah, you're getting the gist of science Blade. Congratulation!

Two pieces of meat a day AND one egg or two slices of ham every morning. And don't forget to drink plenty of water (at least 1.5 liter a day) to get rid of proteins by-products.

Take care

There could be a couple of explanations for it.

You have either hit a platue, in which case you will need to do something to start things off again. Like maybe increace the excersise.

Or your body isn't getting the calories it needs, after 3days of under 900calories your body goes into starvation mode. At this point your metabolism will slow down in order to preserve what little calories it is getting. The only way to get past this is to increace what you are eating and kick start your metabolism. The best plan you could stick to in order to keep your metabolism going would be somewhere in between 900 - 1200 calories. 1200 being the best 900 being the worst. A starvation diet is not sustainable. You can get severely malnurished at any weight, a girl I know was tubed at 14stone because she wasn't eating and was malnurished.

Take care hun x

i suspected that so i started to eat a bit of cheese and double amount of peanuts yesterday, and today also.

monday

2 babybel

handful of nuts

5 strawberries

one chicken breast

hmm i thought i had eaten more than that!!

obviously not

Archived