Mental Health Forums

How Many Dx'es?

Amy

I have been a mess lately, no apparent reason. Is there ever one? :wacko:

I have been seeing things again and hearing things, very irritable, swinging moods, you name it. I went to my tdoc and she is thinking again about the possibility of me being bipolar, so that will be brought up with my pdoc next week. That wouldn't take away my dx of Borderline, it would just be added to it. My tdoc also let me read my file. I had filled out my profile here, then I just changed it. I have more dx's than I even knew of.

I know I wasn't told of all these, I'm sure I would have remembered. What I had was enough, I feel. I'm not trying to be insensitive to any of us, I just feel crazy or something. I know that I'm not, but the list, and to think that bipolar could be added.

I am not going into detail here with mine because I wanted to ask, are there others with long lists of dx's also? No need to go into detail as to what they are as I realize you may not want to. In addition to BPD, I knew of 4 other dx's I had. I didn't realize there were more dx's than that in my file. Am I the only one here?

Thanks,

Much love

Amy

I haven't been dx'd properly yet (though I will be soon :unsure: ).

However, my sister definitely had 4 plus diagnoses to go with the BPD so no, you are not alone. She also considered herself to be bipolar although this was never officially diagnosed.

Hope this is some comfort to you (and I'll let you know if I have more than one dx when I find out!).

Cloudy xxx

Thank you so very much Cloudy Fox for your reply. It does help to know that there is someone else out there. Send her best wishes from me.

And best wishes to you also, take care. :)

Love

Amy

Well my appointment time has come. Its in the morning, I'm very nervous. Since finding out last week one of my dx's is psychosis, and having to tell her in the morning I was seeing and hearing things, well that will be nice. I was given that dx because of paranoia, I now know. :unsure:

Just getting this out. I know I don't know you guys well, and this may not get read, but I'm going to put what she says when I get home tomorrow. I will also find out what she thinks about me being bipolar. I have been through that since I was 12. Over 19 years, and different doctors, they should be able to determine if I'm bipolar or not. Guess its not always so easy. Especially since I didn't seek help through my 20's. Denial is not so good.

Rambling

Bye

Amy

Amy - good luck with the appointment. I didn't seek help through my 20's either. I'm 31 now and it's because I've been struggling lately that I've finally asked for help.

The Community Mental Health Team are having a meeting about me today so I should know what help they're planning to offer by next week. I might finally get a dx (or two or three...! ;) ) then.

I'll be thinking of you.

Take care

Cloudy

Cloudy,

I hope your meeting goes well today and soon they will pinpoint dx's and you will be on your path to wellness. I'm 31 also, time sure does fly, you think you have it all under control and you fall apart.

Bipolar 2 was added today to my list. My pdoc suspected, she said, and from what I told her it was confirmed. She thinks the meds caused my 'perceptions' of things around me to be off. She doesn't think I was hallucinating. :D We just have to wait and see if it happens again.

I'm done counting dx's now. I'm just going to try to be the best Amy I can be. (Thats with med and therapy love :) )

Keep me updated on how this goes with you, okay?

Amy

Amy - I'm glad things went well for you today (even if you did get an extra dx!).

I'll happily keep you posted on how it goes with me. I wasn't at the meeting today so now I'm feeling paranoid about what they said about me. :unsure:

Hope you let me know how things are going with you too.

Take care of yourself

Cloudy x

((((Cloudy))))

I misread what you wrote, I'm sorry. Don't be paranoid about the meeting. They are going to help you! You have waited this long, right? :) I would probably feel the same way, and have kind of have felt that way while they have been picking my brain over the last few months and adding the dx's up. :wacko: LOL

Next week, you will have some answers! Be proud of yourself that you stopped running from it. We had to eventually.

Talk soon!

Amy

• 4 weeks later...

I have had schizophrenia,schizoaffective,bipolar,dependent personality disorder

and that oft used non dsm label so beloved of many a psychiatrist 'awkward and demanding'. Years ago i was even euphemistically described as suffering from 'nervous debility'.

my current dx is major depression, traits of bpd, bursts of schizoeffective dissorder, bipolar II... i know longer care what i am.. just who i am

bets

Well since others have been honest and I was the one that started this thread, I might as well be honest and open here about all of them. They are the following: BPD, BPII rapid cycling, PTSD, major depression, social anxiety disorder, gad w/panic, psychosis, and agoraphobia. Medications have helped me a great deal. My last pdoc appointment, she told me there is a small chance I may be schizophrenic. She said her gut feeling is that I am not because I am not following the typical pattern.

I find it so hard to believe that all of this could be wrong with one person! That is why I am done counting dx's as I said before. I am Amy.

I'm just a bit off. :)

Mine are borderline personality disorder, drug addiction, major depression with severe psychotic features, (the psychotic at one point) panic disorder, post traumatic stress disorder,.....................and at one point, bipolar disorder mixed rapid cycler (if they still have that as my dx, I don't know) and also in my life, I have had a binge eating disorder.

So, it's still a blurb with me since I may not be bipolar but I'm still taking the lithium and the lamictal.........but, I just don't care anymore either since's it's just too darn complicated and makes me go :wacko:

So, I'm just me and I'm working through whatever patches are in my way at the moment which is the bpd for sure and the ptsd and at times depression.

I just don't worry about diagnosis anymore since it's irrelevant and quite toxic to me as well and my nice hypochondriac side starts to reak havoc on my whole entire self and before you know it i'm a walking mental health wreck even more since i say i'm all of the above some how. :wacko:

I'm just me. It's just me, myself, and I.

Take care.....

KT

I think what Bets said is important, doesnt matter what others say what they think you are cause they are just labels, you need to be who you are because thats who you are. I understand that that is sometimes not easy, cause you arent sure who that is, but you can become who you are by working at it, and evolve lets say, like a butterfly. Dont settle for second best, or even something that you know you arent, you can be what you want. And if ya dont have dreams, find some, because you and we together can do it! Even me! YES, EVEN ME! Man I have missed lecturing ya all. Just because you have labels doesnt mean that you can hold yourself back, or allow others to hold you back either. GO FOR IT! YOU CAN DO IT!

Archived