Mental Health Forums

Hi! I'm New Here And This Is My Story -

AmberRose

Hi! I'm new here and this is my story - the short version - No doubt you will hear more and get to know me better after I have posted a few times. I was born and brought up in Glasgow but have lived down south for more than twenty-five years. I was married for twenty years and brought up three children. I have been divorced since 1991.

Due to a crappy childhood, I have suffered from depression all my life. A couple of years into the marriage, my husband began to point out things about my behaviour that he thought were odd. After what seemed like a long hard journey, I agreed to see someone. Around five years later, I was finally diagnosed as have a BPD. I was told the prognoses was good because I had insight into my condition; I new something was wrong with me. I didn't want my children to suffer like I did - my father suffered from an undiagnosed mental illness, he was very abusive and violent, and committed suicide when he was 41, I was 19 at the time - so I began to monitor myself by keeping a journal. I read a lot and I went on to create my very own coping tools. I consider myself a recovering BP. Last hospital stay was 94 and no meds since then.

I read these forums and I am envious, we never had anything like this in my day. We bought expensive books, and tried to listen to and obey our doctors. And all the while either starting or trying to stave off World War III.

I look forward to reading your posts. Thank you in anticipation of your welcome.

Thank you for the lovely welcome. I will be posting mostly on the BPD board, but I'll be checking out others. So no doubt you'll hear from me again. Rose

Welcome to the site AmberRose!

Spliffy

And all the while either starting or trying to stave off World War III

Not everything has changed.....

Hi there, AmberRose, and welcome!

I looked at your profile and guess what! We're almost the same age--Jan 1949 for me, born slightly less than one year earlier only on the other side of the Atlantic...

You introductory post seems to be in two forums, :P so I decided to answer it in this one. I look forward to hearing more from you! Hope you enjoy the site as much as I do. (I'm still a 'newby', too--joined about July 7, I think.)

Enjoy, and please get comfortable, here!

allpsychedout

Thanks again for all the warm welcome messages.

allpsychedout, Hi! Nice to meet you too. I posted here to introduce myself before actually having a look around. Then found the BPD board and, the lazy woman that I am, couldn't be bothered to write another introduction so I used the same one. Don't worry, I have loads to say and I promise to keep the repeats to a minimum. lol

Maybe it's only fair to warn you all that my 'real' nickname is Rambling Rose, cause when I'm feeling ok I don't shut up. lol

welcome :)

I think it is always good to hear from someone making it in their recovery and life, so thanks for dropping in!

I'm Kelly and in Australia :)

Hi and welcome Rose.

Thanks for sharing your story. I am also glad that after all I ken my problem and developed my own coping strategies. It is very hard when you know that there is something not right with you and you don't know why and what. I responded with depersonalization experiences and was always scared of this and the fear it would come back put me actually into this dp again. Now I know its a protection that my mind has developed. As I get older and have more knowledge about all that I tend to recover. The only thing that never seems to go away is my jealousy and the feeling I am nothing worth cause I also avoid social life sometimes as I am shy.

Sorry for bothering you with that huge welcome text :unsure:

x

ani

Hello Rose

Its heartening to read about someone who's beat BPD. I would like to know all about you, it would be an inspiration.

Looking forward to hearing more,

Love

Ann

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks again, you nice people, for that lovely welcome. I have been dealing with this a long time, to try to tell you about it I wouldn't know where to start. So if anyone has any questions feel free.

Madsheep, drann, beth79, ani79, pip, Lou, mrs tree, aylaah, Rachel1, jopo, allpsychedout, Barebones, Spliffy, hotmofo, jodi, jai.......... Thank you all. Have a good week.

• 2 years later...

Hi!

I think a reintroduction may be called for. I haven’t been on here in some time and a lot has happened. I’m thrilled with the information I have been gathering over the last year. And I look forward to sharing it with you all.

hello and welcome

i wasnt around the first time so will be nice to get to know you. look forwards to seeing you around

xxx

From one Rose to another Rose - hello and welcome back. I wasn't here in 2006 but joined last November. I look forward to speaking with you. xxx

Archived