Mental Health Forums

Am I Welcome Here?

dazed_and_confused

I don't have a diagnosis of BPD though I fit the criteria who gives the Dx a psychiatrist or psychologist? my current dx'es are psychotic depression and various dissociative disorders I feel I have a couple of the personality disorders but don't know who to ask about that. anyways if i not meant to be here i'll go again, sorry to disturb the peace

I think everybodies input is welcome

I didnt get officially diagnosed with bpd, well my consultant didnt tell me. I snuck a look at my GPs notes while he was getting some paperwork. When I asked them what my diagnosis was they said its not important. So I wouldnt worry about an official diagnosis being important here.

Welcome like they have all welcomed me

gingerjoanne

P.s sorry if that didnt make much sense

yes :)

welcome!

I'm still 'waiting' for my assessment appointment, there are others here who don't have it but can relate to parts of it, we're all different and you're always welcome!

Welcome Dazed, I'm sure you'll benefit from being here and be able to benefit others too.

I haven't been officially diagnosed with BPD, in the past I was just labelled as being "a problem". I have a friend who's a Clinical Psychologist and she said that she thought I had BPD, I started to read up on it and could recognise myself.

Thanks for joining x

Sure you're welcome here.

(Whose peace do you want to disturb anyway. We're all in inner turmoil!)

As others said. The diagnosis isn't important, it's important that you think you can relate to us enough that we can be of help (and maybe you can be of help to us, if you feel up to it)

Again, welcome :)

Eva

Hello, and welcome, of course you are free to join us, as you are also free to leave any time when you no longer need the support. There are people here with all sorts of different diagnosis, all in different stages fo assessment and therapy and they are all just as welcome, we're a very accepting bunch of people here! Feel free to stick around and get some support from people who will understand and be able to relate to what your feeling.

Babs xx

Another :welcomeani:

and statement that it doesn't matter about the diag, I've been here for a couple years and have never been diag'ed for anything.

so come on in, kick your shoes off and get to know people

:lol:

Hi and :welcomeani:

A psychiatrist would normally diagnose you. But others obviously have some insight into it too.

But like others have said, an official dx doesn't mean really mean all that much. But if you feel it is an issue then bring it up with your psychiatrist. Obviously with a dx change, other treatments might be offered, like DBT or something.

Dear dazed and confused,

You're not disturbing the peace.

If you're not sure what disorder you have but feel you have a couple of personality disorders, why don't you see a psychiatrist and be certain? For all you know maybe you're perfectly normal and just going through a hard time like lots of other normal people. We all react differently to situations, maybe this is your way and it will pass. If you do turn out to have a serious problem, at least you'll know for sure what it is and can start getting treatment and recovering. I FIRMLY believe that there is no problem without a solution.

And we're always going to be here if you need us. Could you describe your problems? We might turn out to have the same ourselves and could help you deal with them.

Love

Ann

Welcome.

My psychologist diagnosed me with BPD.

Lots of Personality Disorders cross over with each other... different symptoms/criteria. A diagnosis isn't everything but it's definitely helpful to get the right treatment & to do well in therapy.

You should suggest it, that's what I did... it has helped a lot, after all you know yourself better than anyone else, even a doctor.

x

Archived