Mental Health Forums

Hello

MadMags

Hi and welcome to the site. . . .have u thought any more about going to the doctors yet and having a hat with them. . . perhaps write a list of your sysmptoms that make u think u are bpd and print out the test results and that may help to make it easier. . . there is support out there, and people go to doctors for wierder things then this every day. . . doctors are used to this tuff, its their job. . . dont be afraid or emabarassed or antyhing. . .

Hi Madmags and welcome from another newbie. Just want to say you are not alone in your feelings and like someone else said you are best going to your gp and discussing the problems you are having. I know how hard it is to take that step and approach someone about your problems. The sooner you do the mosre likely you can get the help you need.

Scarlett in response to you on about they don't want to give attention seekers attention. I really think that is true, i feel that is what i am classed at all the time because people can not see your pain on the outside. Some people do not realise you can be distress without it showing. It makes me so mad, i also get you about the people pleaser. Alot of people are shocked when i say i have mental health problems, however that is because i go around pleasing others and hiding my distress.

Anyway i hope you settle in Madmags and get some relief from talking to others about your problems.

Take care xxx

i feel that is what i am classed at all the time because people can not see your pain on the outside. Some people do not realise you can be distress without it showing. It makes me so mad,

That's true. I used to feel misunderstood, till I realized that I was pretty bad at judging other people myself, and couldn't readily tell whether they were in a good or bad mood till they TOLD me. My roomie in particular gave me the shock of my life when she just blew up in my face one day out of the blue, saying I was so selfish. It really floored me coz I thought I was really considerate of her. Then I realized that the same thing was happening to her that had happened to me so many times - she was being misunderstood. Anyway we sat down and discussed everything, and it was great coz I found out a lot of things about myself that I hadn't realized was rubbing her up the wrong way, simply coz she'd never had the guts to tell me before. After that we became much more open with each other and our relationship flourished. The important lesson I learnt from this is that communication tops everything, we need to speak and be heard in order to be understood. Otherwise people take us for granted, like I had taken my roomie.

Archived