Mental Health Forums

Ideas Please On How To Get Out Of Starvation Mode?

Vorpalblade

I am stuck in starvation mode.

No weight loss for 4 days.

What can i do to get it going again.

Is there anything i can do?

I can't really eat more as i am struggling to

eat what i am at the moment.

Any other hints?

Please!!!!

Blade

maybe spread your food over the day. so its making it work. if not you might need to do some exercise to burn of the rest. but you will lose weight it just takes bit longer when in starvation mode.

Bladey

you have to eat, three times a day and speed up your metabolism....my tips are, bran for brekky, skimmed milk, fruit or salad for lunch but you must eat protein, can be one or two eggs, an advocadot, nuts, dried fruit is good for snacks and keeping the sweet tooth happy, dinner, always ....veggies or salad and some more protein.....

lots of herbs and spices to get the taste good, no dressings, mayo, ect....that im sure you know!!

not sure if this helps...and it is nt rapid weight loss but it does work...oh and riveta, and phily v good.....lots of fruit and veg and salad throughout the day...

only white cheese, it does nt bond with our natural fat making enzimes in the same way, so no processed foods either

ok.....not being miss know it all, this is my diet, hope it helps!

love

jai

ps.your bod has gone into starvation mode, ie it is storing not losing...and take a walk....it really will help

that's a good idea Pip actually.

because i am allowed 2 small lsices of bread, so i could do that and nnot feel bad.

Blade

Breakfast is deffinately a good idea! Maybe an egg white omelate with some veggies mixed in and dry fried. All the protien is in the whites. And maybe a piece of fruit.

Or something with a high GI index, maybe a small portion of porridge made with water.

Then make sure to eat through the day. It doesn't have to be much. Just graze on small amounts. Get some nimble bread, there is this awesome weight watchers soup that you can make that they class as point free..The calories are minimal. So that with some nimble bread, or ryvita would be good.

And then dinner, a grilled chicken breast and steamed veg. Or I have just got some quorn sausages. They are a safe food for me. Are low in cal, high in protien, and yummy! I have them with either steamed veg and veg gravy, or a small tin of ww spagetti.

I can really relate hun! :(

Thinking, maybe something made in the blender, boiled carrots with some orange juice??? that would give you fiber and energy too.

Keep on,

Saludos,

Leslie

ok, i have eaten lots today, i reckon i have defo had over 900 cals, feeling well stuffed though, trying hard ot control the bulimia and not throw it up :(

Do you have a juicer or smoothie maker?

You could start the day off with one of them as they are very filling and dont actually feel like you are eating much!

Are you ok to have yoghurt or low fat icecream as they are nice in smoothies with loads of fruits!

Good luck with it all,

Jodi xx

jodi, alas, i can't have fruits or yoghurt or icecream as i am doing a zero carb diet (also almost zero fat too).

neat idea though as i do have a smoothie maker

Will try and think up something else then but reckon I will struggle!!!!

So what exactly can you eat?

How about dust - didnt it work in Little Britain? :)

blade, from what I know, eat lots of little meals, not one or two bigger ones, small amounts often should help.

Please keep on track with the starvation mode fix - I didn't fix when I could, and my body has been there now for 8 years :(

Archived