Mental Health Forums

Ideas Please On How To Get Out Of Starvation Mode?

Vorpalblade

I'm glad that you eat about 900 calories a day now. That's so much better for you.

You will automatically feel stuffed after starving yourself for two weeks. But it will soon feel normal.

Good luck with keeping it up (not eating less or more that is!!!)

Love

Eva

Rachel,

love your post! :D xxx

• 1 month later...

Hi, Blade. Others here have already given some good advice; when I was stuck in the starvation mode a few years ago, I tried the Atkins plan, with lots of good low-fat protein, plenty of monounsaturated fats, and nearly no carbs. That is the ONLY diet I have lost weight on in the past 8 years, exercise or not. I didn't believe that the fats were necessary, but it worked well for me. I hit the avocados, nuts, olive oil and canola oil, salmon and tuna. Mostly I ate several kinds of fish, also chicken, and once in awhile a very lean piece of pork or beefsteak.

The idea is to start with 20 carbs per day or less, and very gradually work up to about 60-80 carbs per day, looking towards the low glycemic ones, as in brightly coloured veggies and several kinds of berries, even peaches. For some reason it's good to avoid wheat, even the nice whole-grain kind.

It may depend upon your blood type as to what scheme works easiest for you, but I learned it's best to eat no full meals but instead eat within 30 minutes of when you get up, then try for another 4-5 parts of meals per day. Plus, to eat nothing for 3 hours before you go to bed.

I had to quit the diet because I developed RA and much protein at all really makes my fingers hurt; some of them are already quite disfigured and bent. And I've become 'lazy' about my eating cuz I sort of gave up. I don't eat often enough and am definitely in starvation mode; I can exist on nothing to about 600 calories per day but once in awhile I eat almost twice that much. :blush:

I wish you lots of luck! :) You'll have it all licked if you can avoid putting too much in your stomach at once. 'Too much' is different for all of us. Some of us need to remain just a LITTLE bit hungry all the time.

allpsychedout

(((Bladey)))

I am glad that you are getting 900 calories in now. It will take time coz of the stomach shrinking and everything.

When I used to have difficulties like this I used to eat little and often as has already been suggested.

Now I am overweight I try to accept it. I know deep down that I can't but when I was slim I didn't like myself any more than I do now.

I hope you are finding it easier now.

tc

mort x

Archived