Mental Health Forums

Hi

salcatg

hi,

i'm sally, a 30yr old female diagnosed as BPD 5 weeks back and just started DBT. finally i've found a diagnosis that makes sense of my ongoing battle with alcoholism, self harm and unhealthy relationships. unfortunately the stress of whats been going on recently has "forced" me to leave my husband and friend of 11 yrs whilst i get my act together. i dont want to hurt him anymore and i'm trying to be mature about it. this year i've made 2 extremely serious suicide attempts :( (something i've never done before though i have overdosed knowing it wouldnt hurt me) and since my diagnosis physically attacked my husband (infront of a police officer at a gig!) :wacko: leaving him with a black eye and broken nose- :( something else i've never done before(to anyone). :unsure: i'm confused as to why things have suddenly got so bad and would like to know if anyone else has experienced "acting out" more in the very early stages of therapy or diagnosis or just to chat.

:D on a lighter note i enjoy all types of music and books and also have a real passion for travel.

thanks for listening and hopefully understanding.

welcome sal.. you will find alot of us with so many things in comon.. gald to meet you. hope to see you around.

welcome

you did well started DBT only 5 weeks after a diagnosis! or were you already on hte waiting list for it prior to that?

Blade

Welcome Sally, i to was thinking you have been lucky to get DBT so soon. I hope you settle in and find the support you need here. I myself was only recently given a diagnosis of BPD so it takes some getting your head around.

Look forward to getting to know you.

Welcome Sal, if you want to chat i am on msn its beth1759@yahoo.com

Beth xx

thanks- i might take you up on that! its nice to see so many friendly posts.x

welcome

you did well started DBT only 5 weeks after a diagnosis! or were you already on hte waiting list for it prior to that?

Blade

had otjher counselling before but first seesion with a clinical psychologist 5 weeks back. he immediately did a full personality test where i ticked 7 of the 9 ctriteria for the dsm IV test so started dbt the next week. i already knew my diagnosis at herat though and had for a few months and he (my psychologist

)had had lots of RMN and psychiatric input. also i was very honest and willing to work but i've been told off others i've been very lucky.just hope it helps but i have faith in my counsellor already- pity my husband has none and has issued divorce proceedings 8 days after me leaving him(temporariliy whilst i sorted myself out, or so i thought.) anyway- his 50%of the relationship- im just concentrating on me and feeling much better for it.

nice to hear from you, so many friendly understanding people here.

hello and welcome yes under stress the bpd symptoms do get out of control sometimes and you do lash out and act out so happy for you you have therapy allready thats good news at least and to be honest i think we all know we have bpd before they tell us weird huh i feel at times we are the ones who tell them what to do lol

hope you find the site usefull as we are all supportive of each other even in bad moments lol if ya ever want a chat im on msn iminraged@hotmail.com feel free to chat anytime.

all the best and hope you have a good day mentalbpd

(((((((((((((sally))))))))))))))

WELCOME 2 bpdworld

u will find everyone(well nearly) ereryone friendly caring and supportive

i took my 1st od at 14 but no diagnosie till iwas 36-now 45yrs old

i have been in abusive relatons etc...........

i found this site in june-up till now it has SAVED my life-many times

USE us sally-theres ALWAYS someone here

take good care of u-NEVER 4get u r a VERY special lady

love ali xx

welcome sally!

this sounds like a time in your life that you can really use some support. i hope you find it here. there are lots of nice people to respond to posts or to chat.

bets

I WAS DIAGNOSED OVER 3 YEARS AGO BUT HAVE ONLY NOW ACCEPTED IT.. I WANT YOU TO SUCCEED, NOT JUST FOR YOU BUT FOR ALL THE STUBBORN SOULS THAT DESPAIR DAILY..WITH NO DIAGNOSIS OR HELP..

I OFFER MY SUPPORT AND GOOD THOUGHTS. YOU HAVE THE ABILITY TO CONCUR ANYTHING YOU PUT YOUR MIND TO.

Archived