Mental Health Forums

A Myriad Of Illnesses

millenia

Hi everyone,

I was first diagnosed borderline when in high school, although I did not find out until much later... when I obtained a copy of my high school transcripts for something. I wouldn't believe it. I couldn't believe it! I had already been diagnosed with bipolar, ptsd, bulimarexia, ocd, etc. how could something else be added on or substituted?

After being through 11 hospitalizations, 1 long-term care facility, 4 foster homes, and many 'outpatient hospitalizations', group therapies, therapists, and medications... I decided it was just an inevitable name to add to the bunch.

I am a self injurer, I am unstable, and I'm not just a person with mental illness.

I recently quit smoking after 17 years.

I have 5 cats and love them dearly.

I have 6 fish the cats love to tease.

I'm a college student in the honors program.

.....who occasionally punches holes in the wall... but... that comes with the territory whistle

Hi Millenia!

I'm Kitty, 25, from London. Good to meet you (and your cats of course- I love em, but if you chat to me at all that will become clear :lol: )

tc, c u around

kitty xx

Hi Millenia!

Chelle here... glad you found bpdworld, it's a great place!

tc and I will talk to you later! (((hugs))) :D

June 20th, 2004 8:46am

Hello and Good Morning Millenia!

I was glad to see that you are an Honor Student! I some of the books from the 1980's they count us "Borderline's" incapable of accomplishing anything worh while in life. I felt I proved them right, going to college for 9 1/2 yrs. and accomplishing nothing[ except 2nd yr. 1st. semester], but receiving high college loans! My Dr. I could accomplish my goals of getting into Medicine, and he Always Encouraged me. But I was defeated by "self"! So here I am at 56yrs.old unaccomplised and in debt over my head!

So, I am very Happy To See You in there and nonetheless, AN HONOR STUDENT!!!! I PRAISE THE LORD GOD For Your Accomplishments and your hard work and sticking to your Goals!!!!!!

So many over the years have Prove the books wrong about "Borderline Personality Disorder", We are a people, not the disease, we are just like any other people that have an illness. But lable us as if we are the disease instead of we are people with an illness.

So Good For You Millenia!!!

I am also Very Proud Of Your Accomplishment Of GAINING THE VICTORY Over smoking!!!! I PRAISE THE LORD FOR THIS VICTORY !!!!

Keep Up The Good Work!!!!!

GOD BLESS You and HIS GUIDENCE EVER KEEP You MOVING FORWARD!!!! Polar2 :D

Archived