Mental Health Forums

Your Armor

Silla

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Mia (is your first name Jenny?), this is a lovely song and you have a wonderful voice! I'm quite impressed! Thanks for sharing with us. I only WISH I could sing as well as you do--hehehe! I am not familiar with Charlotte Martin, BTW.

I've got a question if you don't mind; when you recorded it, did you do it on two tracks, playing the piano accompaniment first (sounds like a piano as opposed to keyboard but if I'm wrong, sorry about that) and then singing another track over it? I ask this because I don't even have a mic as of yet and think it'd be fun to try to record some of my own things; is it necessary to use some kind of double-mic system if one wishes to play and sing at the same time?

I'm totally clueless about these things; sorry. Kinda tough to learn new technological stuff at my age. :)

BTW, I just adore Celtic music also; began challenging myself to learn to sing it a few years ago. Mostly I just listen though. Hehe--takes up more than half my CD collection! :D

I really hope you'll allow us to hear more from you in the future.

allpsychedout

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, I didn't mean to ignore but I forgot to check for replies on this.

Thank you for the kind words. :-) Singing is what I want to do with my life. I'm in theatre school right now and I would really love to try and join a show like Riverdance when I'm finished. (As a singer, not a dancer.)

I didn't actually play the piano part - I took the original track and spliced her vocals out of it with my computer to give me a track of the piano alone, and then I recorded a second track with my vocals on it and mixed them together. It's not necessary to have a double mic, I use a mixer program that allows me to play one track over my speakers while I record the second track on my mic, and then I can put them together with that program.

Thanks again.

Archived