Mental Health Forums

Excuse Me..

badger

Hello everyone,

I've been hanging around reading lots of your posts for a couple of weeks and now I've finally decided to say hello, HELLO!! I'm not sure how much I'll post, I kind of think that no one will really be interested in what I have to say and I've seen some people be ripped to shreds on some other forums which always puts me off message boards, not here obviously cos you guys seem like a very friendly welcoming bunch.

So about me, well I'm 38, originally from Liverpool but I now live in Madrid with my fantastic and very supportive hubby. I have a great therapist who has really put herself out many times to help me out, she goes on holiday next saturday which may be why I'm posting now cos I've really anxious about her not being around.

I was diagnosed earlier this year with Bipolar, BPD, PTSD. History, sexual abuse when I was a kid, parental neglect, violent first husband who also raped me, various deaths, Bipolar father. I know there's more but I can't remember it all right now, there's something not quite right about that! anyway that's probably enough to be getting on with. I didn't mean to write this much or tell you this much about myself.

So, nice to meet you all and I hope I can be brave enough to post more than just this one! look forward to talking to you.

badger

Hello everyone,

I've been hanging around reading lots of your posts for a couple of weeks and now I've finally decided to say hello, HELLO!! I'm not sure how much I'll post, I kind of think that no one will really be interested in what I have to say and I've seen some people be ripped to shreds on some other forums which always puts me off message boards, not here obviously cos you guys seem like a very friendly welcoming bunch.

So about me, well I'm 38, originally from Liverpool but I now live in Madrid with my fantastic and very supportive hubby. I have a great therapist who has really put herself out many times to help me out, she goes on holiday next saturday which may be why I'm posting now cos I've really anxious about her not being around.

I was diagnosed earlier this year with Bipolar, BPD, PTSD. History, sexual abuse when I was a kid, parental neglect, violent first husband who also raped me, various deaths, Bipolar father. I know there's more but I can't remember it all right now, there's something not quite right about that! anyway that's probably enough to be getting on with. I didn't mean to write this much or tell you this much about myself.

So, nice to meet you all and I hope I can be brave enough to post more than just this one! look forward to talking to you.

badger

Hi Badger just wanted to welcome you . I only plucked up the courage to post the other day but am already finding it useful. My therapist went on holiday two weeks ago and I was finding it pretty hard but now I have this site and all the people to chat with I find it a great relief and comfort ...so keep coming back . I don,t always post much but when I am having a bad time or a good time its always good to sit here and feel quietly connected to others.....Take care and all the best luke x :blink:

Welcome, Badger.

It's nice to meet you. :) I find this site to be a good source of support whether I'm actively posting, or just reading what others have to say.

And for some its addictive (points 2 self)

wait.. that might put u off :huh:

lets go back to plan A.

This place rocks and if you stay for a long time they give u cake ^_^

-dave-

Hi Badger and welcome, nice to have you hear. Don't be feared of seeking supporting there are lots of us here who know how hard things can be at times, especially when therapists are away etc. Anyway look forward to getting to know you and take good care.

xxx

Welcome Badger,

It's ok if you don't remember all dxs but for sure you'll find here the support and help when you feel alone and desperate.

Take care,

Leslie

Thanks for all your welcome's, I think I'm going to like it here. Muchas gracias Blade!

It was weird but after I wrote my original post I felt sort of liberated I suppose, like I'd really done something. I have been starting to keep all my thoughts to myself recently and perhaps isolating myself a bit just cos my therapist is going away and I'm thinking as though she's already gone away and I'm just waiting for her to come back, make sense? But now it feels like I have somewhere I can share my thoughts and feeling, thanks.

Badger

xxxx

Yes welcome badger, I'm sorta new here myself and I'm loving this place.

If your looking for support you'll find plenty of it here, and everyone's so friendly.

~Keith

Hi,

I have had some negative experiences on forums too but here so far seems ok and i trust Josh, Dawn and the staff so i believe it is a good place and hopefully you will find that here.

Its great that you were willing to say hey and hopefully we will get to know you a little better as time goes on

Hugs

Archived