Mental Health Forums

Just Emerged From Depression

jai

Jai, maybe I should mention that clonazepam is a 'controlled substance' here in the US, but it seems to be considered one of the least addictive of the benzodiazepines. It was given to me as a substitute for clorazepate, which became a substitute for the originally prescribed diazepam. It's good for anxiety, muscle cramps, and, low and behold, minor bipolar disorder as well! (It's considered a bit of a 'mood stabilizer'.)

Docs don't seem to like giving out these benzos anymore, at least not the three I've mentioned above. Maybe because, as generics, they are very inexpensive, and they WORK? :wacko: Well, that, and because some have played with them, turning them into 'street' drugs to party with. Frankly I can't see why anybody would even ENJOY doing that. It wrecks things for those of us who need them.

I've had pain in my body since I was 20, that nothing else would kick! I now believe, most of it originally was psychosomatic in origin, but Valium (diazepam) was the drug of choice back then, as a 'minor muscle relaxant'. Hey, it worked, kept me in college, so who was I to complain?

It was only later I discovered that it also helps with fibro cramps! Not totally--you need a narcotic for the really bad ones, which I cannot get, but, unless you have shown yourself to have 'addictive behaviour' in general, I should think a pdoc at least, would allow you to have it. Pdocs are the ONLY docs I have ever had, who allowed me any benzos come to think of it.

It sure would be worthwhile to give it a try, if your doc will allow it. After all these years, I still am able to take LESS than the maximum amount allowed. If you want some, I sure hope you can get some--legally, of course! :P

allpsychedout

Archived