Mental Health Forums

What Does "frankly Paranoid" Mean?

realscape

According to my lovely Psych I am at great risk of a 'frankly paranoid breakdown'. :unsure:

Dunno WTF that means but her writing it behind my back to my GP has made me extremely paranoid and I frankly feel like breaking down her office door and bashing her over the head with her tissue box. :angry:

Any clues anyone?

On a positive note, it should keep me on Incap Ben for quite some time to come...

(((((((((((((real)))))))))))))

def in collins

frankly-candidly-honestly-in truth-2 b honest-

paranoia-mental disease with delusions of fame-grandeur-persecution

omg-me talking 2 a STAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!lol

take care

love ali xx

Thanks Pip.

Not sure i want to know the answer...eeeek. I am feeling very paranoid and shit and edgy and often suicidal thoughts but I don't see how that gets any worse since its always been like that. Which bit becomes a 'breakdown' I am wondering.

When I start thinking I am being hunted down by the KGB or wearing a tin foil helmet? I don't feel like that is gonna happen. No offence to anyone who is wearing a foil helmet right now.

(((((((((((((real)))))))))))))

def in collins

frankly-candidly-honestly-in truth-2 b honest-

paranoia-mental disease with delusions of fame-grandeur-persecution

omg-me talking 2 a STAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!lol

take care

love ali xx

Don't you know who I ammmmmm???? :D

No, you should never take your tin foil helmet off in bed. In fact you should prioritise wearing it in bed because if you take sleeping tablets your aura is left wide open at night whilst you're asleep and is in serious danger of inflitration from anyone who is trying to psychically attack you.

So they who is more paranoid than me say! :D

Ignore the Frankly word psychiatrists and other professionals have a habit of sticking silly words in front of things, they think it makes it sound better. However in reality these words make us more confused and take the essence off what they are trying to convey. Professionals understand as they all speak the same lingo, we are meant to be in the day and age where they adapt the words they use to make it patient friendly, but don't be daft they like to sound all intelligent - Yes call me cynical i certainly am when it comes to psychiatrists lol.

Anyway back to what you saying my interpretation on Frankly Paranoid Breakdown, is that bascially he thinks you are at risk of having an emotional breakdown due to the paranoia symtoms you are experiencing. You probably already thought this but i think sometimes we look for things that arent there and try make more out of what is being said. Then again i am a bit sceptical about his choice of words as i am lead to believe that the word breakdown is now very rarely used. Anyway what do i know lol just giving my pennies worth.

Just wanted to add he may mean your paranoid thoughts are taking over your ability to cope and distinguish between what is real in terms of your paranoid thoughts and what is not. I mean isn't a breakdown when your emotions take over the resources and your abilty to cope. Sorry i am going off here and don't want to sound patronising.

take care real xxx

Hi Nutty

Thanks for your opinion, I am inclined to agree with what you say. I just don't understand at what point they think I'm supposed to breakdown? Like, HOW? I'm telling them live and direct that the things that have happened to me make me feel paranoid and that the way they have treated me has made me feel persecuted because of the way they 'lost' my case and then treated me really badly. Apparently, this is now constituting me being paranoid and unable to have therapy. They are serious evil fuckers. I think maybe I will get a tinfoil helmet after all.

Real you are exactly right i have had my fair share of this. Recently i was made to feel bad at what i did because the opinions that were passed at me. It made me really paranoid and still does about future work etc. However realistically i have every evidence to support my paranoia and i am damn sure a psychiatrist in my position would feel paranoid to given the evidence to support my feelings. Hey but any professional would say your being paranoid there is no evidence there. I spoke to a counsellor who i seen a few times she agreed that the way i was feeling was natural and the fact that all my correspondence had been ignored supported my feelings. She is the only one who could see the situation leading me to feel this way.

Even now i am paranoid i told the people concerned they made me feel bad at my work, there reply was no thats the way you feel. Hello it is not how i feel i know i was good at my job all my reports indicate that but hey ho i'm not the rational one here lol. It is no joke but i sometimes find myself laughing at it as i think some professionals are clearly more ill than myself in there responses. However inside it frustrates me that my employment prospects have been ruined despite i was good at what i did, all because what some psyche says goes.

I totally agree with what you say Nutty, at the end of the day, how can you get compensated for having been so badly treated that your whole life is going to run a different course because of it? By people who are supposedly MH professionals? Jeez I feel like what they have done is so much worse than anything that happened in my childhood because the professionals are at least supposed to be trained and knowledgable and supportive whereas we can all at least try to forgive our parents for being damaged and unenlightened individuals themselves.

A free ticket to benefits is the only thing I got, which is hardly satisfying in view of the fact that I had so much more potential than that. I am trying to work at recovering from this but they just keep setting me back and setting me back. I don't see how with my dx and medical records now, I could ever fit into mainstream society again or get a 'proper' job or even do things in the future like emigrate to another country or foster a child. I don't want to do those things, but who knows what the future would hold and they just whip it all away with a bit of false information designed to cover up their own errors. And that makes me paranoid? Of course it bloody does.

Real i so know how you feel as i am sure many of us here do. I am inclined to agree and in all honesty i think that alot of the stigma originates from within the MH profession. I mean if these professionals with knowledge have bad views of us and treat us the way we do, then what hope is there for stigma within the rest of society. You could et me going all day on this it is something i am so passionate about and before now have put complaints in, hey but guess what i have BPD so it is part of my condition to complain and be dissatisfied. In reality i am someone who only complains with good reason.

I went for an assessment a few weeks ago and when i came out i reflected on what had been said. I have previously had help from this service before and had alot of judgements passed, however being the reasonable person i am i am all for giving people the benefit of the doubt and second chances. How wrong was i during the assessment we got talking about my SH and the experienced MH nurse said to me i don't understand you want to be a nurse, yet you are doing this to yourself. Maybe that is a valid comment but my interpretation is that it is definitely judgemental and it is only after speaking to others i think i am right. Who is she to pass judgement on me yes i may have problems but that does not mean i am not capable or have the necessary skills. I tell you something i had far more tact than she displayed in her assessment. Grrr it makes me so mad but we try and complain and we fight a system that always wins - it is so sad but so true.

I feel a bit like you real i have only ever worked in a caring role all my employment/training has been in that field since i left college 8 years ago. However now i have been given a dx and because of my repeated problems i have been made unemployable. I can not get care work whicvh is where my heart lies and i am not trained in any other area so keep getting turned down for office type work. I feel stuck in a rut and i hate not working, work was my life it kept me going and now i am sinking because i can not follow where my heart lies - shut up nutty before you start crying. Sorry i am going off track here.

Pip even voluntary care work want references and Uni are being arseholes about giving me a reference. That where the problem is they won't give me a reference for care work full stop, because of what has been said about my problems. Hey i am a first class nutter so they think, but uni know i am not really just have to go off this report from one person who has seen me once.

Anyway this thread was about paranoia so i will shut up.

Thanks Pip! I am lining the windows of my flat with reflective insulating fabric and getting my metal fillings removed..... :D

Nutty, I am sorry to hear about your experience, thank you for sharing, you can write it on 'my' thread, I don't mind. Its kind of all the same subject area anyway. I guess you are worse off than me cos I hate working! They are indeed tactless and hurtful. Apparently that makes us 'over-sensitive'. It is quite strange how the opinion of one person who works in NHS MH services and who we have only met once can suddenly over-ride everyone else's experience of us and be more valued and more accepted. Its a mad system. I really hope you can find some satisfactory work, maybe I live in La-la land but I always thought ex-service users would be able to find a niche in care work services, being experienced in the field as it were? Have you spoken to a Disability Employment Advisor at the Job Centre?

Real,

Frankly paranoid breakdown? is that how it went..? How fucking upsetting. I'm sorry to have jumped in so late, but for what its worth, im sure you are right....they are stupid buggers that really need to check their own reality once in a while, meanwhile letting other professionals help out....

I hope this gets resolved soon for you and someone somewhere in the midst of this gives you a tad bit of a humane response to the reasons your care has been so screwed with.

Back watching aside, dont they realise all you want is to be heard and get some answers that make sense!

At this rate we all may as well rush off and take psych degrees, at least we have more interesting descriptions for the shit we go through....

take care hon

keep safe

jai

x

Hi Jai

I found this gem of information on my copy of files from the Tavistock Centre of Evil where they risk assessed me (apparently) and corresponded to my GP behind my back. Seems they 'got in there first' as it were when I started complaining and wrote to my GP to say I was too persecuted for therapy and that I am vulnerable as I am at risk of a 'frankly paranoid breakdown'. I guess that is code writing for everything I say is to be ignored because its delusional.

I don't mind if it keeps me on DLA but it seems a bit odd to make the client paranoid and then say they are too paranoid to have treatment and then write to the GP behind their back and tell the GP that they are at risk of a paranoid breakdown, thereby destroying any relationship of trust between GP and patient, and results in making the client even more paranoid than they were before they made them paranoid.

GP really is checking to see if I have a tinfoil helmet on everytime I go there probably.

I think I will write to every psych I have seen with my own assessment of their personality. ie.

Dear Dr E, I found you to be grossly overweight to the point where you could barely walk, surely this cannot be the reflection of a healthy mind. Your interpersonal skills were somewhat lacking and your hostility prevented me being able to work with you. I feel that your failure to complete an assessment of me despite our numerous sessions and the fact that is what you are paid for indicates perhaps a secret nonconformist attitude and inability to comply with your job description. I also feel that abandoning my case possibly reflects your subconscious urge to destroy the organisation for which you work and that you harbour jealousy for women who are more attractive than yourself. You did, during one session, call yourself a doctor, and I feel that this is perhaps an indication of a fantasy you have created rather than a medical fact. It is possible that something that happened to you between the ages of 5-8 has impacted on your emotional development and this is a serious issue which needs to be addressed for a very long time although I will not be generous enough to tell you exactly what I am talking about and neither will anybody else. I have written to your GP to tell her I will not be able to work with you due to your underlying suspicion of me and your persistent feelings of persecution during our session. Lots of love x Real

Thanks Pip

I made meself laugh. I think we should all do one to our psychs and post em too. Guerilla mental health assessments! Its so much fun....

Dear Dr F

Although you were wonderfully calm and reassuring when i first met you, it became clear during the course of our discussions that you were in fact misrepresenting yourself. I feel this indicates a serious disconnect between the 'real' you and the 'mask' which could be defined as a schizophrenic split. I would suggest that you have a long course of therapy to integrate the forgotten, and essentially spiritual and loving, part of your personality with that which works at a Centre of Evil in order that you do not have a schizoid breakdown in the near future. I felt that you were able to respond well to reconsidering your current position in life and that as such, showing good insight, you would be a suitable client to work with and that our brainwashing scheme would be of best choice, subject to funding being arranged. I shall write to your GP behind your back to ensure that she doesn't take anything you say seriously for the next 5 years. I would also suggest that you arrange a prolongued period of leave as you will not be feeling well for quite some time to come. Lots of love x Real

Real

see i knew you could do it, lmao, i wonder what they would make of it? they seriously do think they've cornered the market on our sanity sometimes. I loved your letters , they were sensitive to the issues and you seemed to properly assess the patients....shame they could nt do the same for you hon!! buggers...

keep on going , and well share the journey to justice with you....

love

jai

x

Archived