Mental Health Forums

Withdrawel Symptoms Just So Bad

brassed2bits

sorry to moan on about this again, but I am still withdrawing from Venlaflaxine (effexor xl) and feelig worse by the day.

I was on 300mg daily, now 150mg down to this in just over a week.

Pip and Betsy both said it hard to come off, and they not kidding.

I feel like I have bad dose of flu ; ache everywhere, so spaced out, tearful, could sleep forever, infact, feel like I am am dying.

I cant get a GP appointment, my gp on hol till Sept, couldn't get to surgery anyway. Tried to contact my CPN, but she not returned calls.

If my tablets were in smaller doses, I would take 150 and say 75, to make 225mg, and do it slower, but I only have 150mg tabs.

I know Pip you said Diazapan was the answer, but it says side effects are like what I have now ... couldn't cope with double dose of those.

What can I do??? If i do stick with this, how long till I start to feel better?

what about going to emergency? I know it might seem odd, but if there is no other way for you to be able to get seen asap then it might be an option - they might be able to help you at least with a prescription to make up the dose to 225. I agree it is a big jump, they say no more than 75mg at a time, so double that is too much, especially if you're feeling so ill from it, whoever took you down should have had some plans in place in case you reacted poorly to withdrawals!!!!

Sorry, it annoys me - I am on it too, and have looked into the withdrawal issues it has. Anyway yeah I'd say go see emergency or something like that if you can, because you shouldn't have to just sweat it out like that.

I've been there and I thought I was dying when I was withdrawing from venalafaxine, I went to casualty and they gave me some diazepam which really helped, so I'd go down to A&E if i were you

Molly xx

THe first time I tried to come off of venlafaxine I was literally suicidal-the effects on me were so strong. You may not even realise what an effect it is having on you. I was the most unstable I have ever been in my life.

The second time I tried I was put on an anti-psychotic(quetiapine) and was under close medical supervision were I was seen every day.

Please take care and get some help.

You could ty the duty psych, A&E, emergency doctors, MIND.

You could call the Mental Health Drugs Helpline on 0207 919 2999.

they are really good. They give information on mental health medication.

Take care whatever you decide

Archived