Mental Health Forums

"modorator Of The Month"

Wisdom

My suggestion is to make a moderator, supervisor, volunteer or........... of the month. Do this every first of the month

Making a silent vote............. once a decision is made as to who was chosen then a posting be dedicated to the moderator with everyone sharing their good will.

ooppss.... spelled moderator incorrectly

Om Mani Peme Hung

Wiz

Thats a jolly good idea wisdom, but hopefully it doesnt turn out like mcdonalds where they get stars.

I think youre all great as mods

Ginger

I have to say i think this is a nice idea, however i could also see some issues with it. When i say issues i solely mean that some people may not like to the in the limelight and also because some of the staff/moderators also have BPD and mental health issues it may lead to issues for them. I may be talking crap here i am just trying to think of how i would feel if in their shoes. I mean whilst it may make some people feel good to be moderator of the month, it may make others feel that they had not done a good enough job, when that would not be the case. Everyone here staff/moderators each bring their own thing to BPD world and i am sure you all agree, each and everyone of you make this place what it is and yes you all have different approaches all of which are equally as valued in there own unique way.

I think all staff, moderators etc here are all fab and i genuinely mean that and i do feel they do not get the recognition that they all deserve for the great work they do. I know all to often people go unrecognised for the time and efforts they invest into BPD world and it is nice to acknowldege and show our support to the whole team here. Credit where credit is due and i believe recognition goes a long way.

I really hope that no one thinks i am being out of order here, i am just thinking of the fuller picture and the implications that this could possible. I might be wrong and i am just coming from my perspective and i am sure others will add their views.

Take care all xxx

Yeah youre right Nutty,

I didnt think about the fuller picture, I know if it was me I would hate it if i didnt win it every month. I hope the staff and mods realise we appreciate them.

Somebody has to keep me in line

Ginger

I agree it could be hard for some members of the team. I do appraisals once a year and ask for people's opinions of indvidual staff members.

I agree with nutty too, well put :) I couldn't say it that well!!

I think its a bit like communism. In theory it is fantastic but in practise it might do more harm than good. Depends on where we are at the time, or how easily we might be unbalanced one month, or how much we are connected to the site and so on. Some months we'd be great at someone else getting that award, and others we might be triggered into our own issues by it, KWIM?

But like I said, in theory I think its fantastic, just possibly not ideal for a site where the moderators are involved in the illnesses too.

I do like the link with communism

"we are all equal, but some are more equal , than others" hehehehe

thing is - when josh is doing the appraising ...Whom is appraising HIM ? (lol)

I dont think it is a good idea to have mod of the month

too competitive

and some may be more popular but not necessarily better , if you know what i mean

comes down to saying what people want to hear to get the popularity vote

nah, wouldnt work would it ?

they have to stay impartial and not be influenced by manipulation of one kind or another

I think the job they do anyways, is pretty difficult enough without the added pressure..

just my humble opinion

Hey ... Hey... Hey... No praise for having brought forth what I thought was an excellent idea? LOL, It took alot of brain power......believe it or not.

Thanks

Om Mani Peme Hung

Wiz

I think you heart and your mind were in the right place, Wisdom ( as always xx)

You were thinking of others and wanted to show your appreciation

there is nothing wrong in that whatsoever

i was just answering the thread as it evolved

sorry if i seemed to exclude your very good intentions - it wasnt intentional

eva, has taken on board what you have said and come up with a great idea

well done, for bringing the issue up in the first place , wisdom

xx

I agree - I did say its fab in theory :)

I'm on another site where they did bring in a similar thing (not a mental health site either) and it caused all manner of utter crap between people. It was a pity!

Yeah Wisdom, as Spaghetti said, I took the freedom to develop your idea a bit further and I wouldn't have thought of it otherwise. I hope you find your good intentions in the new idea.

I thought your idea was a wonderful one wis, but I think having had some input from actual mods etc it may be that it creates more tension, though I do believe that we should show more appreciation however it is done and that is the intention that you set out with, I think.

It is a marvelous idea, thankyou. :)

good concept... how about an alteration.....

person of the day....... where responders are only allowed to make a good compliment (truthful, tho i am somewhat scared to use that word) to that person.

i don't know how the person would be chosen.. you guys have to work out the brain power.....

or you can choose to think it is a bad idea... see spag.. i have given you prepermission not to like the idea! lol

my warped idea of joking.

bets

Archived