Mental Health Forums

Praps Its Best To Be Ill - Benefits?

realscape

Hmmmmm....

So, they've dx'd me with all that meaningless piffle underneath my name.

They've fabricated a whole year's worth of notes which don't reflect anything I've ever said or anything the therapist ever said to me.

They abandoned me because therapist went off sick.

They deny that is her fault but if she was sick (which I can assure you she very much is) then really its theirs.

When I point out the above problems they say I'm paranoid and delusional

Now they say I'm on the verge of a frankly paranoid breakdown

Which means a complete loss of reality

*I am talking about the Tavistock Temple of Freudian Fuckwits again incase anyone didn't realise*

The problem is, none of the things they say about me is true. I am not denying I have MH problems, just not the problems they say. However, it does strike me that it could be like winning the DSS Benefits Jackpot. I mean, I ought to apply for the highest rate of DLA Care level if I'm on the verge of a breakdown surely? If everything I think isn't true then someone should accompany me at all times so I don't do things I don't know about. I ought to have an overnight carer and all sorts of things surely to god?

Do I make my complaint or do I let the world think I've gone insane?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dunno... what do you think would benefit you the most?? If it would eat you up to have to accept all that they've said then make your complaint. If you're not that much affected by it then it's DLA nirvana! :) (though it's funny how the DSS find a way of wriggling out of these things, so I wouldn't set your heart on it!!)

Maddy

Yeah, you're right maddy

Knowing my luck, they'll leave all this madness on my medical record and then force me onto jobseekers allowance and tell me look for a job. Then I'll be screwed.

Thanks muddle n pip x

Real

I'm not sure being insane for the rest of your life is the best way forward , but i do hear you and it must be tempting to say the least.....oh if only the peeps that are desparate to get us lot off benefit could see what a mess they are making of things!

I guess the choice is nt about income, but is about what you need for yourself to sustain a happy life. Could the income for instance facilitate some private therapy? jsut a thought?

Anyhow, i don't know what i would do, wish you luck with all of this....

take care

jai

x

Yeah, running away is a great idea Lost! I wonder if they will pay my bens if I go and live in Goa?

Jai, I have let go of the notion of the future. Not because I am the Dalai Lama but because I literally can't go there without Knowing that I'm going to kill myself. So I don't know what I want from my life because I've given up on it. Thats pretty depressing isn't it.

I don't believe in private therapy unfortunately. Except for private treatment centres. The rest of it is open to abuse and I wouldn't be able to feel trust with a private therapist.

why dont you believe in private therapy?

Is it cos you think they will tell you only what they think you want to hear or is it because there are just so many dodgy therapists about?

I havent a hope in hell of getting therapy on the nhs,the waiting list is huge and very selective,being a mentalist has barred me in the past and probaly in the future,I have toyed with the idea of private therapy but unsure now.

patricia

Hi patricia

((I got fed up being the Dalai Lama, it felt wrong))

I don't believe in private therapy because its totally unregulated, there is no evidence to suggest they have any interest in getting you well, they can happily skank £75 an hour for the rest of your life, they could just be telling you what you want to hear or be misguided themselves, they are probably not in supervision or professional development or 'mental hygeine' awareness like NHS therapists would be expected to be. They could have their own issues and their own subagenda that they're not aware of unless they have had their own rigourous therapy.

Having said that, I do believe in organised and supervised private therapy like you can get in women's centres or in the posh private clinics like Clouds or Priory etc. Or organisations where the therapist works for Relate or suchlike. Other than that, I would stay far away from private treatment. Just my personal opinion, I'll prob get shot down in flames. And fuck knows the NHS is a bunch of shite anyway.

My psychoanalyst was basically a fraud, she has been deceptive and dishonest in her treatment of me. I dont' know how else to desribe it except misrepresentation. They're all fucking mad to be honest.

Real

I went to the Priory

- give me my duvet anyday!!!!!!!!!!

If you are getting DLA in Goa

I WILL see you there

- I'll have my tinfoil helmit on

and be painting pots on the beach!!!!!!

Coooooooooooooool

pip

x

Its what putting me off too,Ive already met a few less than helpful people via the NHS,Im wary of handing over a lot of dosh just to be told a load of psychobabble.

Mr Lama was too smiley for me,I much prefer the eye.

Patricia

Well then Pip, you have answered our question.

The only thing we need is duvets on prescription and batteries for the telly remote.

Yuh, the Dude had to go, it was too much. I felt fraudulent. I like my eye again. Now the problem is this bloody Buddhist saying, i really ought to go back to the paranoia.

I am craving alcohol really badly. considering making a mission to the local shop. O dammmmmm damm it damnation. This is all your fault Patricia

Hey, praps we should just all eff off to Goa and live in a commune? At least we'd understand each other!

Well Pip, we should make the plan

You have to settle Eva into scotland first tho!

Then we can abduct her and Patricia too and anyone else who feels like it and start an alternative therapy center.

I went to the shop and bought two bottles of montepulciano for £5. Fuckn L. It tastes real nice too! 12% alcohol and a few pills should sort me out for a nice sleeeeeeeeep.

I am sooooooooooooooo jealous.

I couldn't go to a shop if I wanted too

and if I did

- it would be blinkin shut!!!!!!!!

Goa here we come

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

xxx

Unfortunately Pip I live in the sort of street where you can get everything from crack to a bagel to an S&M dungeon 24 hours a day.

This is not helpful to my drug and alcohol struggle. Fortunately, the "Chairwoman of the Board" has not appealed to my sexual needs or I could add that to my list of problems too.

Goaway as they say.

O I love that reply pip

On the wrong thread

cracks me up

I hate the truth forum. I think we were all quite in agreement about that really.

I think there should be an anonymous confessional forum

I have got things I would never tell anyone ever

I have a private counsellor who is regulated by the counselling/psycotherapy organisation (whose name I've forgotten). She also works at the university, definitely has supervision and is generally absolutely wonderful... she's kept me alive on more than one occasion (which I think is a good thing <_<:unsure: ). Anyway, the way to find a good counsellor is to make sure that they are regulated and working out of a reputable local centre. There are good ones out there so I wouldn't discount all private therapy at one stroke.

Maddy

ps Can I come to Goa too? Promise to be good and I'll try to be nice! :rolleyes:

Hi Maddy

Thanks for letting me know about your therapist, I need to hear all sides of the story. I think it is a good thing if she's kept you alive! Of course you can come to Goa but you have to bring your therapist for all of us, which might prove a bit expensive.... How did you find her? I don't have any money to pay for it either which is a bit of a problem too. I did get low cost therapy from a women's organisation but she freaked me out, did this wierd thing to me, watching me in the waiting room (long story) and I couldn't cope with it. I think they perceive that if you pay a bit, its a sign of commitment but I'm not fecking committed so I think thats a problem too.

Pip, our numbers for Goa are growing which is great. We need to bring with us your dogs, my cat, a priest, and a therapist. So it is getting a bit complex.

Archived