Mental Health Forums

Praps Its Best To Be Ill - Benefits?

realscape

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm liking the sound of this commune. Now we just have to persuade someone with organisational skills to pull it off. We could probably get the government to pay for us all to leave the country as it would save them so much money on benefits? Why hasn't the government already thought of this? Its hardly cost efficient to have a bunch of nutters on Hous Ben, Incap Ben, DLA, Freedom passes, therapists, etc, and our kids and dependents, when they could just de-camp us to therapeutic communities in third world countries. Like businesses have with call-centres, they should relocate us to cheaper parts of the world. Surely?

I think you should keep the issues seperate.

Apply for DLA.. why not? If it's there, then you have nothing to lose, and by the sounds of it you will get it.

I am on middle and lower rates, that's just under £60 per week, so it's great (and the £800 back payments *evil laugh*).

My friend had DLA highest rate care - but she was on one to one in hospital, because she was at high risk of suicide...

OK.

This is what will happen.

1) I will write my complaint against the Tavistock Centre of Evil Freudian Based Bollox Mysogyny (I write it like this in case anyone googles it, I wouldn't want innocent people to only get one side of the story);

2) I will then write my complaint about the Restaurant of Health Hazards, Cockroaches, Leaking Gas Fumes and No Fire Safety (ie my downstairs neighbour) to the Local Government Ombudsman,

and then after that I will write a campaign to the government for all mentally ill people to be relocated to third world countries. Of course, this will generate an outcry from the Guardian reading liberal lefties who will call it total abuse of innocent ill people but as there is no left wing political party anymore, they will have no one to tell. And all our psychiatrists and the NHS and the local boroughs and the Job Centres and everyone who ever met us will be wholeheartedly supporting the idea and then the government will agree to swap one million mentally ill people with one million fit and willing to work immigrants with India in order to keep our economy afloat and interest rates down. There. Thats how its done.

Real...one thing i did with my pdoc when she wrote something i didn't agree with was wrote a letter stating why i thought her statement was inaccurate and say i wanted my perspective noted on my notes...i got a reply from her saying my perspective had been noted and now my letter is in my notes....She hasn't admitted she was wrong ( and it was a lot less serious and one incident not all the stuff that happened to you) i felt satisfied I had my say.

I gueess my point is they are not gonna take this lying down and you have to find someway of getting through what has happened and if thats follow the complaints procedure do it, if it is something else do that but the end goal should be you able to move on.

TC

I'm liking the sound of this commune. Now we just have to persuade someone with organisational skills to pull it off. We could probably get the government to pay for us all to leave the country as it would save them so much money on benefits? Why hasn't the government already thought of this? Its hardly cost efficient to have a bunch of nutters on Hous Ben, Incap Ben, DLA, Freedom passes, therapists, etc, and our kids and dependents, when they could just de-camp us to therapeutic communities in third world countries. Like businesses have with call-centres, they should relocate us to cheaper parts of the world. Surely?

IVE BEEN READING THESE POTS AND IVE JUST APPLIED FOR INCAPASITY IS IT , THE FORMS WERE SO BLOODY STUPID DO I QUALIFI WITH BPD? DOES ANYONE KNOW OF ANYTHING ELSE I SHOULD BE DOING ALONG THESE LINES..!

:wub:

Hi guys

Thanx for the responses and support

Derelict, I only get lower rate care which is £65 a month. Bummer. But I might apply for a higher rate as I am seriously thinking of having my utilities (gas and water) cut off to save money. That aint right.

Tree, I have written most of my letter, around 35 grounds for complaint. I know they will never admit wrongdoing, but as you say, i am going to ask them to hold my complaint alongside. I am also going to ask them to remove certain statements from my records, ie that I am having a frankly paranoid breakdown, as there is not evidence to support that. I have nearly finished. Feeling a bit gung ho now.

Oh Bother, get as much information from Citizens Advice Bureau, use their information sheets to help you fill out forms, or ask them to allocate someone to help you fill them out. CAB will also automatically check that you have applied for the correct benefits and advise you of others. The reasons that are listed as reasons for DLA on the information leaflet are the ones you need to give, all other requirements or reasons are ignored. One thing you can do, is contact your local borough at the same time and ask if you are entitled to a 'freedom pass' - a travel card, or discounted travel tickets. Also, if you aren't getting Housing Benefit or Council Tax Benefit, make sure you fill out the forms, you may get a discount even if you're working. You might be able to get working tax credits or Income Support depending where you're at. GPs don't know about these things and you'd be amazed what you can get on prescription as well.

Don't get me wrong, i don't get fuck all, I don't get the above things, but I know people whose problems are serious and who get more than me and get a lot of stuff.

I dont think therpist on the NHS or private are shite but is is hard to find one you can trust

I see someone privatley in his house. His is a registred psychotherpist, and clinical pasychologist and has worked in the NHS for years before having a small private practise

I asked all sorts of questions before i chose a thaerpist mainly on the phone.I also asked what they knew about BPD

It is easier to mistrust than it is to trust

OK.

1) I will write my complaint against the Tavistock Centre of Evil Freudian Based Bollox Mysogyny (I write it like this in case anyone googles it, I wouldn't want innocent people to only get one side of the story);

2) I will then write my complaint about the Restaurant of Health Hazards, Cockroaches, Leaking Gas Fumes and No Fire Safety (ie my downstairs neighbour) to the Local Government Ombudsman,

and then after that I will write a campaign to the government for all mentally ill people to be relocated to third world countries. Of course, this will generate an outcry from the Guardian reading liberal lefties who will call it total abuse of innocent ill people but as there is no left wing political party anymore, they will have no one to tell. And all our psychiatrists and the NHS and the local boroughs and the Job Centres and everyone who ever met us will be wholeheartedly supporting the idea and then the government will agree to swap one million mentally ill people with one million fit and willing to work immigrants with India in order to keep our economy afloat and interest rates down. There. Thats how its done.

Hi Real,

New here (just joined today) and have been reading up on past posts. Just had to say your posts on this thread alone have brought a smile to my face that has been sadly lacking lately. Brilliant stuff! Love this idea about swapping us mentally ill pps with the fit immigrants - makes perfect sense!! Emotionally unstable pps in unstable third world countries - seems fitting somehow, poetic, lol.

I've just been awarded middle rate mobility and low rate care (dla) - came as a shock because I'm one of those that believes I don't deserve anything and only applied for the hell of it. Came as a great shock and a great relief to be awarded!! No longer so skint. But mistrustful as ever, I daren't start spending it in case they take it back off me.

Dyl :D

Hi Dyl

I don't think they can take it back off you now you've got it. They might 'adjust' it or 'reconsider' it in the future but they would never ask for it back I don't think.

I'm sick of not getting as much support as I need. I don't understand it.

I agree with Lucy that its 'easier' to mistrust, its our default position in life, but the problem is having had so many crap therapists, and not really starting from a position of trust in the first place, I have been pushed so far in the opposite direction. Maybe its a London thing, crap therapy, crap NHS, no resources, I dunno?

I can't afford private regardless.

Wierdly enough, I had this really bad feeling the whole time I was seeing the Tavi-monster and I kept over-riding it and trying to persuade myself I needed to let go and just have faith and trust. My mistake. Having got my notes, it is now clear that she was either delusional, deceitful, or couldn't understand me. I put a lot of faith in that situation, I thought she knew what she was doing, but she didn't, she was just winging it and making it up as she went along. Its a wierd feeling, finding that out, it makes me feel unwell. I don't know where to put the feelings. It feels like I've been abused by someone in a position of trust. It would take a lot to get me to be able to trust anyone now. My paranoia is just fuelled beyond belief.

Hi Dyl

I don't think they can take it back off you now you've got it. They might 'adjust' it or 'reconsider' it in the future but they would never ask for it back I don't think.

I'm sick of not getting as much support as I need. I don't understand it.

I agree with Lucy that its 'easier' to mistrust, its our default position in life, but the problem is having had so many crap therapists, and not really starting from a position of trust in the first place, I have been pushed so far in the opposite direction. Maybe its a London thing, crap therapy, crap NHS, no resources, I dunno?

I can't afford private regardless.

Wierdly enough, I had this really bad feeling the whole time I was seeing the Tavi-monster and I kept over-riding it and trying to persuade myself I needed to let go and just have faith and trust. My mistake. Having got my notes, it is now clear that she was either delusional, deceitful, or couldn't understand me. I put a lot of faith in that situation, I thought she knew what she was doing, but she didn't, she was just winging it and making it up as she went along. Its a wierd feeling, finding that out, it makes me feel unwell. I don't know where to put the feelings. It feels like I've been abused by someone in a position of trust. It would take a lot to get me to be able to trust anyone now. My paranoia is just fuelled beyond belief.

Hi Real,

Two things:

Firstly, I got nowhere with the nhs mental health system (although the psychologist i got was good, the time limit was pathetic - not enough of it). I've recently been through crisis again and they have had to get involved but have let me down 6 times in the space of 3 weeks. Not impressed. Have you tried a charity? About 3 years ago after a crisis, the nhs gave me a number of a local charity counselling service. The first bloke (can't do counselling with men!) was no good for me, but i got offered a woman, who has been the most supportive and understanding person ive ever met in my life. To be believed and understood with weekly support has meant a lot. I know ive been through another crisis but hey, that's me and it probably coincides with the fact that my counsellor has been off for 3 weeks!! I don't know what's on offer in London but check out charities in your area. Or maybe your local CAB can give you some info. The good news is that I've never had to pay a penny for all the help and support this person has given me, because the charity is subsidised by the government.

Secondly, I had a very bad time with a counsellor from an Incest and Sexual Abuse organisation. It messed my head up for a very long time afterwards, and being able to trust again (with my present counsellor) has helped heal that pain enormously. Please don't give up hope Real. It took some years and searching for me, but I got somewhere in the end. (I'm 48 now - there's still time for you).

Best wishes

Dyl xx

Thanks Dyl

When I have my energy back, I will take your advice. Wierdly enough i was offered low cost counselling from a womens organisation and my NHS psychiatrist advised me against it. Then I rejected it and then got abandoned by the NHS so I was left with nothing. How fecking helpful was that.

Anyway, I have to get myself motivated to look for something again in the future. thanks for your support

x REal

Thanks Dyl

When I have my energy back, I will take your advice. Wierdly enough i was offered low cost counselling from a womens organisation and my NHS psychiatrist advised me against it. Then I rejected it and then got abandoned by the NHS so I was left with nothing. How fecking helpful was that.

Anyway, I have to get myself motivated to look for something again in the future. thanks for your support

x REal

I'd try contacting the womens organisation again Real, (when you're feeling stronger).

I don't know why your psych advised against it - do you? Did they give a reason?

To be honest, I don't think my current crisis team like to hear about my 'charity' counsellor - the shut me up when I mention her (or try to, lol) - Big ego's maybe.

Good luck!

dyl xx

OK.

Real, you've made me so happy cos I too know about the Local Govt Ombudsman, and have a case with them. Don't know if they'll take up cases about dirty restaurants, but am so glad that i am not the only one who deals with life's crises by legal etc methods............I thought i was just a fucked up politics geek :D

I am SO on for Goa, just need you to arrange a passport for Scooby and distract customs from searching my ass packed full of "grass" seeds....

I have the organisational skills to set up the commune, just set up an electric fence around the cannabis fields and hire Securicor to keep me out.

Please note however that I'll be top dog. I'm a darkie and so will get more points on the "relocation of mentalists" scheme, and will therefore be the Pilgrim Father of the Goa Mentalist Collective.

The hierarchy will be: top dog danny, queen kylie, and prince scooby. Real, i make you a duchess if you sort out the drugs. Pips, you can be Chief Vetinarian, tho if you bring your valium with you, you could bid to be God.

Real, will leap into action once I have finished smoking and have Scoob's ID card in hand..........

Dxx

Hey Dan

Excellent our numbers are growing alongside our drug habits by the sound of it. S/he who has the most valium wins to be God. And you can be Top Dog. I'll be Top Cat.

Someone ought to take action cos life in the stink sure aint what its cracked up to be.

Did you know the LGO are totally corrupt? Most of them being former cheif execs of the local authorities that they now supposedly 'investigate'? A guy in my borough started a campaign called LGO Watch, you could maybe google it otherwise I'll try find a link and post it sometime.

Archived