Mental Health Forums

Hi I'm New

ohbother69uk

hi i'm sharon just turned 37 live in staffordshire uk and recently been diagnosed with bpd~now having a name for my illness seems to have made me panic does anyone else feel this way? im also having huge issue with illnesses in the family and need to find some coping method's any advice or idea's would be very welcome .........xxxxxx :)

i enjoy reading when i can concentrate , computing and movies,

Hi Sharon

Welcome to the site

You will get alot of help here

Unfortunately, My coping mechanisns

are not very good

So I can't offer advice

(Sleeping does it for me)

Does your family know you have BPD?

Do you want them to know?

- all very hard.....

Anyway, read some posts and think

and get posting too!!!

Will meet you in chat

pip

x

Hi Sharon

Welcome to the site

You will get alot of help here

Unfortunately, My coping mechanisns

are not very good

So I can't offer advice

(Sleeping does it for me)

Does your family know you have BPD?

Do you want them to know?

- all very hard.....

Anyway, read some posts and think

and get posting too!!!

Will meet you in chat

pip

x

Thankyou for all the welcomes~i have huge trouble living my life and this seems like a good place to try to make changes after reading some of ur posts here .....i have counciling every 2 weeks and my councilor is lovely and really seems to listen however it dosent seem to make any difference to how i feel everyday..!

i have issues with just about everything i think, but at the moment my mum has just been diagnosed with terminal cancer she only has a few months their is no cure and im trying to be strong and dont want to let her down but im scared of loosing her as she has been so supportive all my life, .....how can i be strong when i have such huge problems coping with life day by day.......

welcome sharon, im sure you find heaps of support here.

im sry your mum is dying and it must be hard for you.

take care hun we here if you ever need to talk.

Hi Sharon and welcome to the site, i know what you mean about being given a name it made me panic a little and i am still trying to get my head around it. At first i was like how dare someone say i have a personality disorder, now i am resigning to the fact. So i am sure alot of us can relate to that feeling of panic.

I just want to say i am really sorry to hear about your mum. I am imagining at the moment it all feels a bit much for you having to deal with how you feel and your feelings about your mum dying. It must be so incrdibly hard for you right now. I mean dealing with the prospect of losing a loved on is never easy, but along side just being diagnosed with BPD aswell will be huge shock to the system. I don't know what else to say but i do hope that you can find some support here.

Take good care xxx

Hi Sharon

I'm quite new too. I found being diagnosed uplifting and terrifying at the same time. It's nearly a year since my diagnosis and I still try to reject it at times. Sorry about your mum.

Take care mort x

Hi Sharona and welcome. I found it a relief to find out...it meant that I'm not just simply a horrible, neurotic person...there's actually a reason for me being it!!

I guess what's helped though is before knowing about BPD I had been able to find some coping mechanisms, not that I cope all the time but I know what my triggers are, can feel myself 'going' and that helps me reason with myself and pull back to a more normal state of mind.

Sharon,

I just reread this.

I am sort of in the same situation.

My dad is dying from cancer.

We don't get on

- since my nervous breakdown 5yrs ago.

I decided I had to chose whether or not

I wanted him to die hating me, or knowing I was ill.

I told him I had BPD (Long story)

Anyway it has never been mentioned since.

I think you have to think how your relationship is with your mum

I wouldn't have told my dad if he wasn't dying.

I wanted to build bridges before he goes.

Good Luck with it

pip

x

Hello Oh bother and welcome to this site.

Is the oh bother reference to Winnie the Pooh or am i just being sad?

Ginger

HI IT IS IM A BIG EEYORE LOVER HE REMINDS ME OF ME ONLY IM NOT SO CUTE BUT VERY GLOOMY .... :wub:

Hi Sharona and welcome. I found it a relief to find out...it meant that I'm not just simply a horrible, neurotic person...there's actually a reason for me being it!!

I guess what's helped though is before knowing about BPD I had been able to find some coping mechanisms, not that I cope all the time but I know what my triggers are, can feel myself 'going' and that helps me reason with myself and pull back to a more normal state of mind.

HI PIP WHEN I WAS DIAGNOSED MY MUM WAS OVERJOYED IN SOME WAYS AS IVE BEEN LIKE THIS AND STRUGGLED THROUGH LIFE SINCE I WAS 11...........SHE HAS ALWAYS STOOD BY MUM

MY DAD ON THE OTHER HAND WHO IS ALSO ILL AND I DONT SEE NOW NEVER UNDERSTOOD AND EVEN NOW THINKS BPD IS A JOKE..! HE JUST LABLED ME TROUBLE FROM DAY 1 I THINK....!

IM HAVING A GOOD DAY TODAY AND HAVE BEEN ABLE TO SUPPORT MY SISTER AND MUM SO IM QUITE ON A HIGH FOR NOW ...

TAKE CARE SHARON

Welcome.

Spliffy

HI IM STARTING TO FEEL LIKE THAT..

I TELL MYSELF JUST LATLEY GO EASY ON ME AS I HAVE AN ILLNESS BUT LIFE FEELS JUST AS HARD AND FOR SOME REASON I THOUGH BEING TOLD I HAD AN ILLNESS WOULD MAKE IT SOMEHOW BETTER, DO YOU NO WHAT I MEAN?

Archived