Mental Health Forums

No Sleep/wakefull Dreaming

Lauren

I had a bad night last night. It was going ok untill I went to bed.

I am not sure of the best way to explain this,with not knowing if anyone else has experienced anything similar.

Ocassionaly I lay down and I never fully fall asleep.

I can still hear everything going on around me,I want to respond but I just cant move my body.

Reality blurs with dreams making it impossible to distingush what is real and what isnt.

At this point im still kind of confused, but trying to put it to the back of my mind.

Last night I had the biggest sense of dread. I could hear yahoo pinging away, the TV on next door, my son moving in his bead I could even kinda see my door etc.

Yet I was convinced that someone was trying to get into the house. then it switched so fast to that my son had turned into this man when I went to check on my son who reached out of his bed and tried to attack me.

I dreamt that Id had conversations with people, yet I dont know if I did or not.

This hasnt happend in a long long time. Ive been up since 5 am trying to piece things together. Talking to people oin yahoo to see if I spoke to them. Checking my phone. I even called up BT to check.

Wow, I feel spaced out and freaked right now.

I have to go to work now, spun out and on no sleep.

Joy!

L

x

lorna134,

Yes, I have had the experience you describe many times. I think it's that my mind won't shut off. I call people and write things and eat things that I'm not aware of. I won't know I called someone until the next time I see them. I find things I've written that actually sometimes make some sense. I am in the habit now of checking the log on my phone to see if/who I called during the night.

The other thing that happens to me when my mind is working that way is that when I am trying to go to sleep, and close my eyes, I see the fast ribbon looking thing that takes off when you complete a game of solitaire on the computer. Or if I try to picture specific things, like a kitten, for instance, it immediately becomes huge - inflates - until it fills my vision. Then I can start over with another image, and the same thing happens. Those are nights that I don't sleep at all. It seems to come and go. The most familiar thing to me was when you said "it switched so fast".

Ann

Archived