Mental Health Forums

A Great Few Days!

loopyjen

Hi I have had an excellent couple of days and I am sorry I haven't been able to post I have tried to stay at my computer long enough......honest

I went for my induction at college and I really enjoyed it and am looking forward to going back next week. I have also started doing some voluntary work to help out at a mental health drop in centre and that was really good too really enjoyed it everyone is so nice there. anyway feel fantastic at the moment and have lots of ideas as to what else i'm going to do, my cpn tried to tell me I am taking on too much she's being silly, I also cleaned my house thoroughly today from top to bottom it's really great getting so much done thinking of stopping seeing the mental health services how can they be concerned when I am doing so much and i'm feeling happy are they never satisfied anyway going to clean out my daughters guinea pig now and loads more...............

Jenny

It's good that you're feeling so positive at the moment Jenny.

Your level of productivity is impressive, though I'm afraid I kind of see where your CPN is coming from. Sounds like you're keeping yourself very busy - how does it feel when you stop to relax, or even consider doing this? Are you able to stop and reflect on what's happening, take a break from being productive?

Often people keep themselves busy to distract themselves from what's going on in their head (just suggesting it as a possibility)

Hope you're ok

not really stopped and I havwe managed to get some sleep though by increasing my medication at night time myslef but anyway I am okay thanks just need to be doingthings at the momnet my brain is going ot fast for me to type anfd a i am getting frustrated

Jenny i am glad you are feeling good at the moment but i also understand the points that Dawn raised. I myself have had a few ideas recently which i have been thinking about putting into action possible course, voluntary work and possible relief job. However i have not yet really done anything about it full of good ideas but no motivation to sort them out, everything seems to happen at once. Wether i will kick myself into any of them is a different story i know in reality i would be taking too much on but i also know sometimes there is no stopping me. I just want to say i can relate to how you are feeling before i finished work i use to work a ridiculous amount of days on the run etc without a day off because i wanted to keep busy. For me keeping busy works but there does become a point when we need to take that stand back. Anyway i am talking rubbish and i know that i will end up doing none of my ideas because of where i am at, to many discouragment aswell.

Anyway its great your feeling well but do try and get some relaxation time to, to allow yourself to feel how you feel. I know its hard as when you allow yourself to feel how you feel sometimes its hard to get back up, finding that happy medium.

Take care hun and i hope this lasts for you.

Archived