Mental Health Forums

Why Do I Alway Feel Bad In The Mornings

warren121

hi im new to all this ie dipression and night times i feel ok but in the morning i feel like tired,unhappy,scared, and by the night time i have carmed down

any one know why

Hi Warren, its quite common in depression to feel worse of a morning, sometimes when you take your medication may have an affect on this. It affects us all differently some people find they are worse first thing and there mood lifts as the day goes on for others it can be the other way around. I guess no 2 people with depression or any condition are affected in the same way. I think for me when i feel so low mornings can be bad because of the thought of having to struggle through the day during tough times. Also in a morning after sleeping it takes some time to get up and go and get them chemicals in our brains going and maybe once you get going and them chemical levels increase with activity that you begin to feel a little better. Sorry i am waffling on and not sure i am making sense lol.

Take care xx

so by the time you wake it has been 24 hours since you took a tablet and the levels in your body are low. you take your tablet and a bit later the chemical levels are back up and you feel o kagain. that's what my doc says anyway

I often feel like crap in the mornings, mostly because I haven't gotten enough sleep and am not wanting to get up. Just wanting to sleep the day away.

Take care,

Vern

so by the time you wake it has been 24 hours since you took a tablet and the levels in your body are low. you take your tablet and a bit later the chemical levels are back up and you feel o kagain. that's what my doc says anyway

Me too. I wake up feeling low and often scared as well, often without cause.

It all makes horrible sense to me now.

Thanks all for this thread.

tc

mort x

It all makes horrible sense to me now.

Thanks all for this thread.

tc

mort x

Yes, thanks.

I'm the same, take mine in the morning. I wish I could lose this feeling of fear, though. :(

hi im new to all this ie dipression and night times i feel ok but in the morning i feel like tired,unhappy,scared, and by the night time i have carmed down

any one know why

im not sure warren but at times i feel the opposite effect. when i wake up i feel ok, but at night time is when it gets bad for me. im not sure why that is.

this bit- is it better to take meds twice a day then? maybe split them and one in morn one at night? seems logical doesnt it. im increasing my meds from 20 to 40mg so will be taking 2 a day, would it be better to take one in the morning and one in the evening? does anybody have any experiences of doing this?

It is very complicated.

I depends on the half-life of the drug

or if you get accumulation.

There are so many variables.

What Blade said is not exactly true,

It is just an easy way for a GP to explain it.

The mini-pill (contraception)

only has a window of a few hours for efficacy.

ADs don't work like that.

YOU DO NOT NEED TO TAKE YOUR AD

AT THE SAME TIME EVERY DAY

I take mine when I remember

and they work fine.

GPs think we are thick and so try to simplify everything.

pip

x

I feel terrible in the mornings. It's like I've been asleep then I wake up..and I remember how bad everything is... and how I have another day to get through.

Ive only been on meds a week so I don't even think it's anything to do with that. :(

I'd put it down to the depression not the meds.

I think with SSRIs exactness in the timing must be crucial because I had the syndrome awful bad. Unlike Pip's GP I didn't get told to be precise enough in timing. But the syndrome was all the time not just one time of day.

i feel ok when im asleep but when i wake up i remember and i get that feeling in my tummmy and the pains in my chesk start. it like waking up to a nightmare

i started work today for the first time in 3 or 4 month and it helps take my mind off my worrys. so maybe life is getting abit better and maybe there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

i keep my fingers crossed

warren

Thanks Pip for the clarification.

Obviously it was not the timing as such but a severe reaction, similarly I cannot safely use antibiotics without a strong antidote.

I am just getting over the 'prams now six weeks after.

No-one else should be put off by that I'm just unusual.

Regards,

Archived