Mental Health Forums

A Musical Piece I Have Composed 4 U All

panache

Over the past day and a half I have been composing a musical piece. I usually revert to my keyboard when I feel low or confused. Its my little sanctuary and i find it very therapeutic when im distressed. I just want to share with u. I guess it is my way of saying thank you to you all.

Cuddles

P

xx

EDIT: Oopsie. I dont think I am allowed to attach mp3 files unfortunately. Sorry all.

Wow.... this is really, really beautiful. Do you have any words to it?

It must have taken a lot of work. It's very well done.

What do you use to record your keyboard on your computer? I've recently got a keyboard and I'm having a bit of trouble recording from the keyboard to the computer without it using the computer's midi bank, which doesn't sound as good as my keyboard's instruments.

Im glad u both like it. My keyboard is connected to my computer through the midi port. I dont use the built in virtual instruments on my keyboard. Instead I use a software called Reason (version 3) developed by propellerhead. U'll find that the instrument samples in the software are countless and the sound quality is amazing. Hope that helps mia.

P xx

Thats lovely Panache....I have played the organ for years and had my own synth, but, I have never ever entertained linking them upto a computer....mind you, my playing is not as good as yours....that was very relaxing though...I am going to listen to it again now.

Wonderful.

Thanks Panache :)

Panache, this is so gorgeous! :) You must have QUITE some system there, allowing you to do all THIS! :D Thank you so much for letting us hear it. (Becoming a wee bit inspired, again...)

AS someone who knows nothing about hooking keyboards to computers and finding music samples from fancy software such as you describe, might you be willing to let me in on how much it costs to set up some kind of decent 'beginner' system which could also allow me to sing? Right now my only possibity would be to use a simple mic and record my songs while I accompanied them on guitar. My only 'keyboard' is an Acrosonic piano and it is 3 rooms away from this little study/den I have. :P Problem there is, I don't know what to even buy, for a mic...these things are still a mystery to me, kinda 'imtimidating'.

I look forward to hearing more of your lovely things in the future!

allpsychedout

Archived