Mental Health Forums

A New Day

innermuddle

well, last night felt really terrible for some reason as had felt really positive and well since returning from holiday......it all feels a bit weird. I feel ok this morning but am really glad that i have a therapy appt later on today.

A young lad was murdered near my home last night, it has really upset me as that has not happened here in years, as i do youth work etc i am now really paranoid that i will know the lad as the police have not released his name yet........ why do people do things like that? It is so horrible, it makes me not feel safe to leave my house in the evening although thankfully i dont live in the town it happened i live about a 1o min car drive away

murder is mostly an ununderstandable crime....not suprised it has stirred up feelings in you but the stats of anything happening to you aren't increased because of this young lad.

TC

It's so understandable that you're upset and worried about this. I think many "sane" people don't feel any different.

I hope you didn't know the guy for your sake and that therapy gives you the chance to talk through your feelings.

Love

Eva

Archived