Mental Health Forums

Ok I'm On Exefor

Katherine

I've just read the stuff on exefor (venlafaxine) in the meds forum.

I saw a doctor this morning, after waiting 30 minutes after my appointment time...I started panicking in the waiting room, feeling claustraphobic--the chairs were too close and I kept having to keep moving to feel safer. I was practically crying. It was hell. But at least it meant that when I got in there and saw the guy (a locum at that) he couldn't help but believe me because I was still panicking when I got in there and he was too close and all that...I just said how I was feeling and that my psychotherapist and I agreed that I needed something to help me cope with the anxiety, panic, claustraphobia and depression.

I didn't need then to try and say all that I'd rehearsed as it were because it was all visible right there.

He gave me 28 days supply of Exefor 75mg. Just like that.

Oh my God this is real.

Feel rather stunned but relieved. Getting throgh work yesterday was tough---don't know how I made it...

Am going to get under the duvet again now.

I took my first one.

This is real.

O help.

gentle hugs welcome.

lorna

ahh, effexor, the only medication to have ever lifted my depression. Hate the clenchy jaw thing going on though, but feel better so don't care. Yes Lorna, this is real, the first steps on your road to freedom in fact, and we're all here with you. Many gentle hugs and one big squeeze to you,

Anwen :)

Anwen,

Thanks....

Hm, clenchy jaw? My jaw is sooo tense anyway...(all the horrendous orthodontic treatment I had as a teenager--another whole story...)

I'll see how it goes.

Hug extremely appreciated...

lorna

i am on effexor... 300mg... they will no doubt raise you dose until they find the correct level. i have experienced no clenching of the jaw so you may not either. i did have some jitteryness at first then that went away. everytime i have gone off it (3) i have ended up suicidal and in the hospital but when i am on it i am pretty good. still get depressed some but stay functional.

good luck.. all meds work different for different ppl.

bets

thanks Betsey and Claire.

I seem to be doing pretty ok right now, for now. Quite kind of content really... (wow! I had forgot what that was!)Only snag seems to be that I keep having to run to the @&*"*** loo! But I think that's 1)I've not been eating properly and had brocolli and watercress soup for lunch!. 2) Response to the shock of *it all*. and 3) My body starting to relax....rather than a side effect of the efexor, as it were... Will keep you posted!

Thanks again,

lorna

Archived