Do You Hate Yourself?

samsung

Hate  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Do you hate yourself?

• yes
    • no
    • i love myself

i would like to know how many of us hate ourselves.. coz sometimes i feel like i am the only one with this hatred towards me.

If you hate yourself.. why do you?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate myself because I cant think of anything to like about myself.

I am not a nice person

I make lots of mistakes

I have no job at the moment

I cant help other people

I dont realise what Ive got

I keep getting drunk and doing dangerous things

I am making my life worse everyday

I am fat

I am ugly

I am useless at everything

I cant get myself out of this rut Im in

I cant ask for help when I need it

and so on but then I think I may run out of room so I will stop

Ginger

I totally hate myself so there you go and there you have it, there is nothing left to say. Eventually everyone else will hate me to and that inevitable. Nutty is a nasty piece of work and is not likeable in any way shape or form. I have always been someone that does not fit in anywhere thats just me and there you go.

I hate me

I hate me

I hate me.

End of.

I hate myself too.

I'm not gonna tell you why, so you'll probably end up hating me too! Sometimes, I even think Reuben my teddy bear (and avatar) hates me!

I hate myself for admitting i hate myself, when i should do my usual and make a funny remark that merely alludes to the fact that i hate myself.

I hate myself for feeling ashamed at having written the last sentence.

We could go on and on. But i think you get the gist. Seems like it's a common theme. I think I'm gonna play with my cat for a bit, as funnily enough, i hate myself for hating myself cos it doesn't help. But it feels so fucking right. :angry: But I don't want to think about it, it's too big, I suppose i try to distract myself from hating myself to hating my life. You still want it all to end, you just don't want to cut or punch yourself in the meantime.

Danny xx

I hate myself because I've never had a reason not to.

I believe that everyone who ever knew me hates me also.

I don't meet anyone new now, because I can't handle anymore hate.

My son tells me he loves me but deep down I believe he actually hates me.

i love myself. i'm so brilliant. god i just rock.

i'm the bestest cleverist everest.

lol lol lol

but then, i only think that because i'm on a manic flip today

tomorrow or whenever i will hate myself again

rachel asked why we hate ourselves? i think it's just what depression does to people - makes them hate themselves

you don't find many people hating themselves who are not also depressed

x

I loathe myself with every fibre of my being.

People tend to like me til they get to know me and then they ditch me... fast!!

My family love me (I think) but then they are obliged to...!

Maddy

I loathe myself with every fibre of my being.

People tend to like me til they get to know me and then they ditch me... fast!!

My family love me (I think) but then they are obliged to...!

Maddy

Not all families are obliged to love you hun

So therefore they must do.

xx dyl

I hate myself because I shouldn't have been born I was never wanted or loved by my parents.

I hate myself coz I was who my abuser abused and he must have hated me to put me through that.

I hate me Coz I am a waste of space and oxygen that others could be using.

Just a huge mistake that somehow was allowed to happen and is too feeble to die.

I hate myself for having my daughter she deserves better she is so lovely.

I hate myself for resenting that I can't stop all this once and for all coz of fear of hurting my daughter and her ending up like me.

I hate myself for being scared of everything. (not exaggerating!!)

I hate myself for being afraid of meeting my abuser after death.

I hate myself coz I deserve hate.

I also hate myself for hating myself.

I hate myself for posting this but this is how I feel.

But I love all you guys and wish I could stop you hating yourselves.

tc

mort x

I hate this post, its so negative and to be very validating half of what your all saying is so untrue whether you believe it to be true or not!!!

Validating ha!!!

what i see is a bunch of people that are trying to get them selves out of this shit there in through no fault of their own. you all didnt ask for your disorders.

I am so suprised at the amount of support you all offer each other. Now that is no reason to hate yourself

and ask yourself if its you that you hate or the people that have been telling you negative stuff about yourself all you life and maybe you started to believe it cause thats all you have heard

anyways take care xx

I hate this post, its so negative and to be very validating half of what your all saying is so untrue whether you believe it to be true or not!!!

Validating ha!!!

what i see is a bunch of people that are trying to get them selves out of this shit there in through no fault of their own. you all didnt ask for your disorders.

I am so suprised at the amount of support you all offer each other. Now that is no reason to hate yourself

and ask yourself if its you that you hate or the people that have been telling you negative stuff about yourself all you life and maybe you started to believe it cause thats all you have heard

anyways take care xx

Hi Joshua

I understand what you're saying but this brings me to another problem. Why would 7 people (my family - parents and and older siblings) hate me so much to want to do all the damage they did then?

Don't want to invalidate your post or anything, but it is a genuine question.

Dyl xx

Josh

whether it is valid or not.. it stays an issue.

it is something that we as a community can work on.

i am trying to find out why we believe lies. why we believe what others have told us.

why we suffer from guilt.

and once i found the answer we as a community can start working and facing the issue at hand.

but just needed to know i am not alone in this.

take care mate

rachel

it is something that we as a community can work on.

i am trying to find out why we believe lies. why we believe what others have told us.

why we suffer from guilt.

Well Rachel it all boils down to a form of brainwashing really. Where some of us will be more prone to it than others, some of us will believe in ourselves enough and have no time for other peoples views/lies. While others will begin to believe it after a certain amount of time. That's only normal, if we are told something for long enough we begin to accept it as truth, when it's certainly very far from it. Why some of us are more prone to this is probably down to personality traits like low self-esteem, overly-honest, sensitive, shyness, etc.

That's my opinion anyway, and for what it's worth I don't hate any of you. Although I do hate myself from time to time.

As a child we get everything from those around us and in most cases that is the people who raise us. Brainwashing is a word for it but it certainly is ingrained.

Hi Joshua

I understand what you're saying but this brings me to another problem. Why would 7 people (my family - parents and and older siblings) hate me so much to want to do all the damage they did then?

Don't want to invalidate your post or anything, but it is a genuine question.

Dyl xx

Its all a circle really isnt it

if your parents are not being nice towards you then the others will catch on to conform to the rest. Its typical really, every one wants to fit in, i dont really know everything there is to know about your situation so its hard to comment. Parents have a duty to bring each child up to be confident, able, individuals, in some cases this does not happen. Im sorry x

This is a bit of a co incidence.

I was in the charity shop today and picked up a book called "toxic parents" by Foreman.

I have been reading the book this afternoon. Its very interesting.

I was sexually abused by my father - he was also an alcoholic and physically abused me too.

My mother was depressed because of it and was also an alcoholic and she put the boot in

when she got really angry.

I cant give anyone the answers to their own problems but it is helping me to see the way that

roles are reversed when children grow up in this environment.

I can see that in some circumstances I do behave with alot of repressed anger - but i know its early

days - and in a way it has given me the confidence to think about some therapy and help

for the anxiety and panic attacks that i have been having, recently.

I know things are not going to get better over night but it is helpful to know that i am not really

totally bad.

The three P's - mentioned in the book - was staggering to read - it rang so many bells - what an idiot I

am !!

I have wondered how to answer this post ....

I don't feel full of self hatred right now but there are times when I do.

I think the times i do seem to be when I am caught up in my past and struggling to see my future,struggling to cope with my problems.

I think also time spent self anaylizing is usually quite destructive as I look for my faults and failings rahter than searching for a balanced view.

The three P's - mentioned in the book - was staggering to read - it rang so many bells - what an idiot I

am !!

I don't know what the 3 p's are but know we all have gaps in what we learnt growing up and things that are glaringly obvious once they have been pointed aren't necessarily things that have ever occured to us.

Archived