Mental Health Forums

Real Fed Up

zippy

helo.

im writing here about something that is going on in my life at the moment.

basically this year has been real crap :( am so fed up.

i cant write all the stuff down its too much. but with everything and with surgery i have more or less been off sick from my employment since last february. i did attempt to do a phased return to work back in june which i failed following me getting yuck at work. i have now been off since about september i think.

during this time i have been under the care of a psychiatrist and art thearapist. also with work i was referred to occupational health. this last time i went off work my occupational health dr was in correspondance with my psychiatrist and they said i couldnt work for at least a couple of months more. this time has now passed.

during this time i took myself off effexor as my psyciatrist had said he didnt think medication was really of much use to me and that really what would help would b for me to be able to talk about things.

my occupational health dr went and told my work i had done this and decided i was too sick to return to work until at least next year. i went and saw my psychiatrist and he was ok about me stopping my meds. also as my art therapist has left he has arranged for me to see a nurse instead starting in january. i asked my psychiatrist about returning to work and he said hed write straight away to my occupational health dr informing him that i could.

today i have had a meeting with work and they showed me the latest of letters from occupational health. he has stated that he doesnt feel that i can do my job as an alone worker, that i now need to b office based, and i need to b with someone constantly.

further to this he has requested that work pay £400- £500 for an independent psychiatrist to see me via occupational health for an independent assessment of me so they can decide where they stand with me.

i dont know what to think or feel just now. i feel lost with all this. i kinda feel why bother. im tired. all i seem to b doing is battling to do anything normal. it shouldnt b like this. i just want a break thats all.

i think that is a trrible lot of money to spend. i cant see how their psychiatrist can give different outlook of mine. one meeting with him/ her wont tell them a thing. i cant talk to them. i cant tell them whats going on. i cant confide stuff to them. it will just make them toss me to the door even more but they wont understand.

i have learnt to feel ok with my psychiatrist. i know hes safe. he knows my gp. my gp has told hom some history of me so its just easier. i so fear this other psychiatrist that they've agreed to pay for.

why me why cant they all leave me alone ;"o(

sorry

zippy,

It sounds like you are having it rough. Sorry all I can offer is sympathy. Let us know how it all turns out.

((((((((((((( zippy )))))))))))))))

bets

((((zippy))))

i know its hard ive been off 18 months with the exception of 1.5 days and im just sorting stuff out at present. is there anyone that could represent you, i have found it very stressful dealing with my workd so i have a rep who deals with it for me. it has made a huge difference.

i hope things look better soon

flippy

i have the union that come with me. i just dont think it should b right that i have to see an independent psychiatrist. its hard enough dealing with stuff already. i feel like they are truley testing me and im not that strong just now.

Archived