Mental Health Forums

Formal Introduction

Sabbath

I thought I should officially say "Hi". So... "hi"

To be honest, I've been avoiding places like this for a very long time. I wasn't sure if a forum like this would serve any useful purpose from my POV. It could be said that I've become a little bit emotionally isolated over the years. Even the friends I used to have never really knew me. I can't risk anyone knowing who/what I am.

My hobbies currently include building things, watching cartoons and drinking. I was formally trained in art and design. I still sometimes feel compelled to draw for its own sake. Up until about a week ago I was regularly practising self hypnosis and meditation. I've had to put this temporarily on hold because of the alcohol. I'll have to get that under control again soon.

Welcome, Sabbath :)

Hope you find something of use in the forums. Drawing can be hugely therapeutic, hope you can access this outlet for your creativity again soon, and re-embrace the meditation you were practicing.

Best wishes

Dawn

Welcome Sabbath,

It can be hard for you these days without any drink but if you feel like needing a drink do your meditation or call the help line.

Take care, you're doing fine.

Leslie

Hi Sabbath and welcome

im new to these sites too (my intro posted yesterday) but could be interesting and helpful. Live chat freaked me out but everyone was really nice once id figured out how to use it! Hope you enjoy

rebeccaborderline

Just shows you didn't read this

or you would have known

what the "pip" was!!!!!!!!!

Fair point! :)

I've been having a little trouble replying to this forum thread.

did you drawer your avatar?

Yes, yes I did. It's mine. I drew it.

Everyone, thanks for taking the time to welcome me.

Archived