Mental Health Forums

Blocking Them Out

toonkate

I need to block my family and the people i care about out of my head.

I cant deal with things at all at the mo, and need to be able not to worry about other people all the time. Im constantly getting blamed for pushing my dad into having another heart attack and putting him into an early grave, and not thinking about him and the rest of my families feelings. But I do, all the time, they just dont see it.

Ive been trying really hard to block them all out, Ive stopped answering the phone when thel call, and apart from a couple of messages left on my phone and 2 b.day cards through the post, i have had no contact with my family at all.

How can i totally block them out of my thoughts and feelings, if only for a short period of time??????

:(

I dont have the majic to make sure u dont think about family and stuff..i wish it was easier but i dont think it is

I think its just take care of urself as much as u can

ZHope things are ok

}Sorry i cant be more constructive

daisy

toonkate

im not sure if its entirely possible. i have tried to do that 2 major times but it gets back to square one again.

all i can say is try to say to them if approachable if u can write that u need to go it alone in order to survive. but in better wording than that lol. i did that but the mother said she never received it. i sent it by email. so word of wisdom get it tracked lol. and yes shes still around. see i failed lol.

i dont really know whats best.

tgc

Toonkate,

I hear ya babe, I also have gone through the same action of blocking the family out but in retrospective I think it did me more harm than good. To block them out I put all photo's things they'd given me, stuff with poignant memories out of sight or into a box and put it away. I remember looking in it almost a year later and it brought up lots of happy memories, which I thought was a bit weird, but hey. Sometimes I'll phone my Ma and Pa and we'll have a non-meaningful talk about random stuff. When I'm not doing so well, they don't hear anything from me at all, so my Mother realises I'm not good and decides to leave me alone until I feel ok again. Kind of reverse action for a mother to be taking but then, she always was crap at 'dealing' with anything. Sorry I've rambled on about me, I just thought sharing this with you is the only advice i can give.

Stay strong,

Anwen

Archived