Mental Health Forums

"you've Lost Weight."

Silla

This isn't so much of a question, just something that happened to me that unsettled me a bit. Just putting it out here.

I've been fighting with anorexia for a while now. Lately I've been winning. My weight is on the lower end of healthy for my height and staying stable, even if some days I wish it wasn't.

I've been doing better all around lately, a lot better than I was when I first joined this site a few months ago. About 2 months ago I went through a really rough patch where I slipped into old habits and I dropped some weight. Just today, I had a friend over and we were doing homework.

At one point she said to me "Have you lost a lot of weight?" It made me nervous because yes, I have trouble with eating and yes I'm doing well right now but I did drop some weight during that tough spot. I don't want anyone to know that I have an eating disorder, especially since it's not 'active' right now. (Nor will it ever become active again, if I can help it.)

I said that I might have lost a little weight but my friend is perceptive and she probably noticed I was uncomfortable. I'm going to try not to worry about what she might be thinking though because I can't control what people think.

Her choice of words makes me wonder though, because she said "a lot of" and when I look at myself I can't see a change in my body at all. I guess it just goes to prove that my perceptions still aren't accurate, especially since I look at myself and still want to lose more.

I guess all that matters is that the numbers are in a healthy range right now, no matter what I see, and that's where I want them to stay.

Hi Jenny,

Try not to worry about your friend. She showed concern and that's a good thing after all. And I'm sure she won't insist on asking you questions about your weight when she sees that you're not losing any more.

It's so good that you're moderately stable in keeping the anorexia inactive and occasional temporary relapses can happen and are no reason to be ashamed of.

You can be proud of yourself.

Love

Eva

mia,

you are such a talented person in so many ways and you have come a long way! just let her comment lay and make sure you stay on the healthy side. she probably jealous... lol

bets

Archived