Mental Health Forums

Hello Ppl

psyche bunny

:) Hi I am new and like lots of the other recent newbies got here thru Radio 4.

I am feeling quite reserved at the mo, been having a few probs.

Glad to have found this site tho, and so is my husband, who has put up with me for the last 20 years.....cant think why.....cos he loves me or cos im hard to get rid off! ha ha.

I feel, strongly, that I am BPD as so many of the criteria fit my behavior over the last 30 years or so (I'm 42 next birthday), first overdose was at 14 then at 15 and 16, big gap till i was 22 I but lots of self harming inbetween, I still get ideas about it now, but the support of my husband stops me doing any of it. Have had bad, abusive childhood and ended up in care in my teens, struggled along for years being irrational all over the place.

I did get help eventually to come to terms with the abuse etc, and I am not as bad as I was but still have probs and am fed up with not knowing what is wrong, my Psyhcotherapist/s will not tell me anything and that means I must be 'normal' and therfore am a failure for not getting properly better. if I had a (correct) diagnosios I could get on with coping with that and not keep banging my head against the proverbal brick wall trying to be 'normal' and my hubby would be able to cope better too. I was in one to one therapy at first for 6 years but have been in a group for the last year, I have been unable to go for the last 6 weeks as I feel it is not working for me. another issue I have got to deal with somehow.

Any way I'm ranting, basically I want to say hello and give you a little idea so as you know who I am, I look forward to getting to know you a bit and hope I can contribute positively to the site.

PS. sorry for all the correct puntuation I have a problem with it!

Hi psyche bunny,

Hey, we have two bunnies now! We need another wabbit!

Well done for posting and welcome welcome. It sounds like you've had a pretty rough time and share a similar backgound to many of us here. You will find everyone is very supportive and kind and always there for you. It is a genuinely great helpful place.

A diagnosis at least allows you to put yourself in the right ballpark for treatment - if you do have BPD then CBT / DBT seem to have been very helpful for it.

Sorry to hear your therapists have been unhelpful to some degree - I am discovering that working the medical system to your benefit can be hard work...

Look forward to meeting you in chat / get posting! I'm sure you will contribute positively to the site! ;)

Claire

xx

Welcome!

Glad you found the site. You'll find many caring people here and some even have ideas that help! The least of what you will find is understanding. Looking forward to more posts.

bets

Archived