Mental Health Forums

Introduction And Rant, In That Order.

Grimmerie

Hi everyone.

I always feel stupid in introductory posts because I know that a zillion other people have introduced themselves before me and that this post isn't going to be anything that sticks out. I guess I'll just use it to tell you all loads of stuff about myself and then when someone asks what my favorite color is... well, I can just point them here.

It is green.

I'm 21-years-old and was diagnosed with Avoidant Personality Disorder (AvPD?) a few weeks ago. I didn't know anything about it beforehand and the only thing I knew about a personality disorder was what I learned from Girl, Interrupted, haha. I still don't really know what it means or how it could possibly be fixed.

I guess I could tell you what led up to all of this. It started becoming noticeable when I was 16 or something. I was a straight-A student, active in theatre and color guard and marching band and two of the top choirs in my school... you name it, I did it. But I just started doing less and less... I dunno. I started getting online and not doing anything else but that. I stopped going to school things, I missed 50+ days of school a year, I didn't spend time with my family. I've always had horrid self-esteem, certain I'm ugly, certain that no one really likes me, blah blah. And even if I tell myself otherwise or if someone else tries, I don't really believe it. It turned into a bit of an eating disorder for a while and got really ridiculous.

And today, well, it's gotten a lot worse. I'm terrified of going out and can't hold down a job. The only time I go places is with my roommate and I make him do all the talking for me. My feelings are hurt very easily, I don't enjoy anything, I can't express an opinion, what I want... what I don't want... if I like this shirt...

It's stupid, I know, and I could go on and on because it's fine to type it even though I know I'd never say all of this to anyone in person. My roommate is sitting a few feet away from me and if I'd try to tell him all of this my throat would clinch up and I'd get upset.

I found you guys on bpdworld.com and I'm kinda just hoping that all of this typing will do me some good.

xoxo

K

welcome

i hope you find all the support and care you need here with us.

there is a couple of peeps with your pd who i think would be more than willing to help.

please take care

rachel

(((grim)))

and :welcomeani:

I love girl interrupted and understand the avoidant stuff coz I spend all my time on here now. But hope it harms none and possibly helps some.

Hope this site helps you as much as it does me.

Look forward to getting to know you better.

tc

mort x

A member who left had a magic idea, She was troubled and left,

so from now on I will honour her idea.That way you will not feel so nervous.I will introduce me too.

Hello and welcome nice to meet you.

I am Gardenia a newly opointed mod, My real name is lisa-marie, I am 27 suffer from depression, some ocd behaviour, severe pms (sorry).

I like spending time in chat in the evening, I enjoy the forum throughout the day.I have met some amazing people here.I love this place and hope you do too.I am having good days at the mo, as we all now it could change in a heartbeat, :lol::lol::lol:

I have a 5 yr old boy who is a menace but extremely lovable,

Ok then you gave me a slice of you now you have a slice of me. :lol:

Hi Grimmerie,

Hello and welcome; I reckon you're going to fit right in around here! People have been really lovely to me since I joined, and its been such a relief; hope you find that too. I found quick way to get to know people is in the Chat room, once youve found your way around.

My cats called Mir, after the Russian Spacestation; hello to Spleeny!

rebeccaborderline

Hey, thanks everyone for your kind words. I was in the chat once already and met some really great people (Hello to Mort, Barebones, Drew, and everyone else I ran into in there). I'll definitely be sticking around a while.

It's nice to meet you all. :)

I'm interested in hearing more from you. You sound like an American girl, though I see you are from Germany. Please keep posting. I hope you benefit from the site. It's a great place for all kinds of disorders.

XXX

Ann

actually not a zillion but a mere 3,761 people have introduced themselves before you!

Welcome! it is good to have you. i am glad that typing can help a little bit. you will find lots of nice people here to post to and a chat room to type in real time.

my favorite color is violet!

bets

Hi Grimmerie,

Your name wouldn't by any chance be a reference to the book 'Wicked' by Gregory Maguire? (I'm a big, big fan of the book and the musical.)

Welcome to the forums, and I hope you find what you need here.

And if you're a musical theatre fan we can sing showtunes together.

Miabea - Of course it's a reference to the book and the musical! I'm completely obsessed with musical theatre - I have tickets to see Wicked in London in a couple of weeks and I've never been so excited ever. Haha.

*pokes Jai* Helloooooo. :)

Miabea - Of course it's a reference to the book and the musical! I'm completely obsessed with musical theatre - I have tickets to see Wicked in London in a couple of weeks and I've never been so excited ever. Haha.

Awesome... I'll be seeing it in Toronto soon, actually. But London has Idina!

Archived