Mental Health Forums

Down.....

Ginny

Hi all

Just needed to post this cos I wonder if other people know how I am feeling - no energy, no inclination to DO anything (literally) I can't shower without being forced into it - I dont wanna do anything that involves physical effort and I end up feeling guilty which makes me even more down - times like these I hate myself for being so weak... How do people keep up with work and daily life? I have no clue how to be 'normal'. I dont understand whther it is depression or medications or what... I have been like this a long time and wonder if its something about me that cant actually be changed. No zest for life, no feeling really, just a horrible sense of pressure that gets bigger the longer I dont do anything - god this is just horrible.... I am addicted to BPDworld, because it is the first place I come to everyday, and I know others share my pain, but this inactivity is killing me - and I just CANT force myself to do anything.....I hate it.

Ginny

That's what I do. Before I take a pee in the morning I turn on the computer!

I prolly log on about 20 times on average a day just to check on posts etc.

I would say i'm addicted. If I can't get on the puter for some reason I get unduly aggitated!

Also on the no energy thing! I am always tired, but I sleep really well. I don't do many drugs; i'm just tired! I think it's depression related. I force myself to the gym three times a week now, or more, because it wakes me up. But within a few hours of being home i'm back to being a lazy dazy girl.

And taking anxiety meds just makes you more soporiphic. Arg.

Ginny what can i say? Regular exercise is the only thing that really obliterates my lethargy and anxiety in any natural way but it doesn't last.

Love ya!

Caire

xxxxxx

Thanks babe - but not in a million years could I force myself to go to a gym - I dunno, maybe I am just made this way...?

Thanks for letting me know you feel this way sometimes..it helps to know other people are the same occasionlly - just wish I wasnt like it ALL the bloody time!! Oh well.........

Thanks claire love you hun (((((hugs)))))

Ginny :mellow:

i know how you feel been that way a long time myself... except for a few ups here and there. it will get better sometime... really

oh... and i dont agree about the pee thing... gotta be done first

bets

just wanted to say its much the same here. my husband feels i have a serious addiction to the internet and threatens me with bans from the computer alot. over the last year or so the computer has helped me learn im not totally alone. i have made freinds. i dont go out apart from the necessary i.e. shopping, relatives, and work which hasnt been since feb.

i feel i need the computer in order to stay alive just now.

energy and motivation is hard. i just try my best thats all i can do. its all any of us can do.

(((((((((((Ginny)))))))))))))))

I've been at these points as well myself. I sort of just pop in and out of them, and I try my best to go day by day with it even if it gets frustrating. (I too have depression myself) Saturday was a prime example of that- not wanting to get into the shower or anything for me or do any physical stuff. But later, I eventually feel bored and grungy enough to have to do something, my boyfriend helps me get moving, or before Monday when the staff shows up at my apartment in the morning........That's a great motivator for me. :lol: Keep your chin up and I hope you feel better soon. This too shall pass even if it doesn't seem like it will especially if you have been in it a long time. I've gone long stretches in this state without any breaks in moods whatsoever, and eventually, it's passed for me. Now, it's just up and down for me energy level wise.

Take Care! B)

Katie

P.S. Don't have net access at my house- I walk to the lab but for me, it goes cigarette, then pee, then loaf around, then meds then teethers..... all the important parts come last for me. :lol:

And yes, I've been accused of being a internet junkie myself when I could have the net at my house, but now, I can't have it there, but I find ways! :lol:

Thanks guys, for replying.......

It IS good to know others feel this way- the effort to do certain things really IS massive... but, as you say, somehow we get through it.

Thank god for you guys, and BPDWorld.

Ginny :wub:

PS. ktodee - welcome to the site :)

Archived