Mental Health Forums

Guardian Article

Swan

Did anyone see the front page article in today's (6 Dec 04) Guardian? Laudable to be raising the issue of mental health issues in prison, but the same lamentable myths about personality disorders being 'untreatable'. Does anyone agree that this should be addressed somehow?

I would address it, Swan, if I was closer - get in touch with editor - got to TV, anything!!!! It is ridiculous by the sound of it...

Unfortunately - I am in Australia - but if I could do anything to help I would...let me know?

Good Luck babe

Ginny

Yes I read that. 70% is a lot isn't it, but I am not surprised!

It just goes to show, in my opinion, that the prison solution never was a solution, and that the majority if not all people in prison need a wholly different type of rehabilitation method. It amazes me that prison still exists.

Oh no, hold on, I'm living in fairy land again. The government shut down most of the mental hospitals to save money. Dang! I knew there was a reason!

I am now going to throw my TV out the window. And put a pile of my furniture in the middle of the room, set light to it, and throw my daily paper on top. Or something like that. :P

Claire

xx

Archived