Mental Health Forums

Am I Being Overdosed?

Rew

I am on a depot of risperdal, olanzapine quicklets and mirtazapine. It feels like an awful lot, spose it keeps me stable but im starting to get a bit paranoid about the amount of drugs im taking and wheather all the different sorts are reactin with eachother, i mean risperdal and olanzapine?? Ive always only been on one or the other, this is a new thing their tryin out on me, do you think those drugs are safe together? xx

I don't know the definative answer but if it is keepng you well and your not having side effects i wouldn't worry too much..maybe voice your concerns to your pdoc next time you see them.

I agree with mrs tree... talk to the doc about it. you could also look them up on a drug web site (i use webmd.... the a-z guide on drugs) it will tell you what types of meds not to mix.

many of us are on multiple drugs. for many combinations seem to work better than high does of one. if you feel good i would keep taking them. one of the problems bpd's have is they get to feeling good and go off their meds and soon crash. for other bpd's meds don't work at all. be happy yours are.

just my thoughts,

bets

i could be wrong, but i've heard that olanzapine has also been used for it's mood stabilising effects... not only as an anti-psychotic....

worth checking with your psychiatrist though...

t c

Poodle

x

Rew, I have read your other posts on this subject.

- As crucial as what drug(s), is what dosage. Either way, is there a serious ADR? If it stops you getting to work or working well, it is a serious ADR. Phone the Yellow Card people (phone no. in another thread) Many people need to take less than the "recognised" minimum because with them, a little goes a long way. I am still at the experimentation stage with minute doses of mirtazapine and/or risperdal. 7.5 mg mirtazapine makes my legs fold under me and I go unconscious for a long period which isn't as good as sleep, I have had mega sleep disturbance from it and missed a lot of work. 0.25 mg risperdal gets me twitching and jerking. Both these dosages are supposedly "below minimum". They both cause waking dreams. A good pharmacy nearby is looking for an accurate dropper so I can measure out tiny amounts of the liquid versions. My jury will remain out and I still may decide in the end I'm not taking either of them at all. Drugs and dosages always should be seriously explored by both patient and doctor.

- It is very difficult I know, to assert oneself and self-advocate about these things. I hope your profs will be more receptive to your viewpoint (if you need to raise this with them) than mine have often been. Read this and think it over:

http://www.samh.org.uk/assets/files/75.pdf

Let us know developments, hoping you keep well,

Thank u all for your help :)

Its just a bit scary thinkin of the amount of shit thats pumping around my body! I will defo talk to my psych next time i see him in about a month or so!

Thank you all so much xx xx

Archived