Mental Health Forums

Withdrawels Off Anti Ds

Barebones

was just wondering what kind of withdrawels im facing coming straight off sertreline. ive been getting funny head since been off it. i came off it because i was getting sick while swallowing the size of pills they was. so i didnt take decission lightly. so im wondering what im to be facing while coming off the highest dose of this stuff.

if you know anything would be a great help.. if not dont worry about it.. im sure it will pass.

Hey BB,

Sorry I dont know anything about coming off those particular ad's.

Usually there are withdrawal symptoms when coming of any meds but as you say they will pass.

Have you tried researching them on the net or asking your dr/mht as they may be of more help.

Good luck with it all and hope the withdrawals dont cause you to much grief.

Tc,

Jodi xxx

Hi there,

I'm not sure if you are weaning off or if you have ceased your dose completely...but, from a professional and personal perspective, please ensure you reduce the dosage gradually, else it can cause a huge shock to the fine chemical balances, and can ultimately send you crashing psychologically and physically. Take care and make sure you have a withdrawal plan...your body and mind will thank you for it.

Best of luck and hugs from Stephxxx

I came off sertaline after 3 days as all it did was make me vomit so no real idea...Does your Doc know about this ? you know you shouldn't just withdrawl from meds can be very dangerous...Get Doc advice

BB, hope it's a gradual withdrawal.........

I know if I miss my dose (of sertraline) for a day or too, I get kind of dizzy spells, and my brain turns to mush and I am tired. When i've reduced from a higher dose, I haven't really had any side effects, just a bit more depressed, a bit more tired and a bit hungrier.

I came off lofepramine (not an SSRI), got these kind of dizzy things that went up from my foot all the way up the body. It was not v pleasant.

What were the effects, if any, you had when you went on it? I would guess maybe they'd be the opposite??????????

Dxx

I just quit taking the highest dose of this, and I got nothing. But then again, I have very little benefits when on ad's, and very little side effects. I guess they just don't work on me.

But if you were getting any benefit from them, then just quitting could pose a problem, it could set you back into a deep/er depression. Please be careful

Good luck with stopping them though. Does your doctor know? You should really be tapered off them and have another introduced, one that doesnt have such large pills! Or there are some that come in liquid form.

Take care x

naw the doc dont know about it.

i had such strange day yesterday that i sufferd and took some which aint the whole amount which i was on but it helped with my head so i guess i withdrawel gradualy instead. well not to gradualy im knid of impatient kind of person doh lol

If you google several of the terms maybe you will read the same pages I did.

Some of them say to spend nearly a year reducing extremely slowly.

I had to stop my very low dose of citalopram suddenly because it wiped my mind out totally and the effect lasted over two months after that.

If pills are too big you can ask your pharmacist to slice them, slice them yourself (the gadget costs about £4) or ask for it to be prescribed as smaller pills.

Keep us posted & don't stop asking questions,

the tabs are too much for me to take as im sick when i swallow them mrs tree. ive tried halfing them and again it makes me sick as they stick in my throat.

the tabs are too much for me to take as im sick when i swallow them mrs tree. ive tried halfing them and again it makes me sick as they stick in my throat.

See pharmacists about it

If any are unfriendly try another (if you live in a large enough place)

Fortunately I have a really friendly chain of pharmacists near me, I can tell them where it is at with my drugs & they talk me through all sorts of alternatives, some of which will involve asking my GP to re-prescribe in a different form.

I don't know anyone that crushes pills to powder to spread them through food, am thinking of doing that next ...

Some drugs come as liquid - just ask what the "inert" ingredients are to check they agree with you ...

A Rethink support person would probably take an interest in this as well.

Archived