Mental Health Forums

Hi.

Zahrim

Ok so Hi, I'm Mark. I was directed here by my very good friend Romy and after talking to people in chat earlier was told to come 'introduce myself' and say stuff. Heh I'm not to good at talking about me esp about my problems. 33 yr old guys my size aren't supposed to have emotions you know? At least thats how it seems to feel whenever I try and talk to someone...

Anyway sorry, I'm 33, have a daughter who is 10, she is my whole life. I have joint custody now but its been a hard road travelled her mum put is through hell till I got her in court and won. I lost my job last year thanks to narcolepsy which I then found out was caused by sleep apnea which I ahve apparantly have had for over 10yrs... I've learnt a lot about myself this last year.

I've had problems since I was 15, they come and go but just lately seem to be back with a vengance and I cant control my emotions or feelings anymore and am fed up of wearing thie stupid happymask to hide myself and my feelings away from everyone else around me. From talking to ppl and from what I've readI think I have ocd, bpd, sad, and I dont know what but I WANT TO KNOW.

I want to know whats wrong with me, why and what I can do about it and no one will take me seriously and I have a couple of people in my life who are a great help and I can talk to about stuff (kate, romy) cos they've been there but otherwise ppl dont understand/care. And I feel im moaning to others and being a pain when everyone has probs of their own. My doc doesnt understand, he made me go and see their in house counsellor because he says im depressed and shas already told me shes not qualified enough to help me ffs. I just want a hole to swallow me up sometimes. This isn't my life. I lost mine somewhere along the way.

Anyway, sorry I waffled slightly there, but felt good to get out. Im a chef/writer/webmaker/do graphic design and im so bored being out of work. I'm obsessed with music/film/theatre/garfield/computers/runescape/livejournal/the internet and theres no help for me.

Met some lovely people here already, look forward to speaking to a few more.

Oh and yes its really my in the wig in my avatar.

Hello Zahrim

Thanks for the intro, sounds like you have been having a busy and confusing time of it.

You say your councillor feels you need a different service, does your GP know this yet? If so are they referring you on to somewhere more appropriate?

I hope some of the issues and concerns you have are addressed soon and that more therapy will help unravel some of those questions you have.

This site is fab for support, advice, giving hugs and making friends...

Nice to meet you

jai

x

Yo, Mark -- good to meet you!

Yes [cracks fingers, adjusts neck] we can help you. OCD? BPD? SAD? That's all well and good, but the most important thing you have is one, perilously short life that should be more fun. Concentrate on that; forget the labels/acronyms.

Okay: makeover team, take your stations!*

Best wishes,

SAXIII

(35 M London SE5 -- possibly just around the corner from you, if you're close with the lovely Romy!)

*we'll keep the wig. :)

You say your councillor feels you need a different service, does your GP know this yet? If so are they referring you on to somewhere more appropriate?

jai

x

No not as yet but ive been told what to ask the doc about now, thank you.

And thanks for the welcome :)

*we'll keep the wig. :)

Noooooooooooooooooo thats GEORGE! YOu cant have him! *hides it*

welcome zah!

Lol thanks Terri :)

Welcome to this site.

speak again soon in chat

*bows* Tahnk you, will do I'm sure :)

Well So far I am so glad you joined you are my kind of people and had me laughing my ass off last night,

Thankyou for your company and you forgot the cyber chess bit (plonker).

Hope to see more of you and welcome tcx

and you forgot the cyber chess bit (plonker).

D'oh!! I always forget something... sheeeesh...

I'm predictably boring cos I always ask, but what does you name mean???????

Hey Danny, thanks :) Heh a looong looong loooong time ago in ancient Sumeria there were these priests that used to summan spirits to do their bidding. 'Zahrim' was the warrior spirit they used to summon to destroy whole armies.

Cool huh?

Anyway my real name is Mark ;)

Hello Mark, I'm depressed too.

And to think the lady you mentioned didn't tell you in all those years you snored!

I wake myself up choking, please tell me about remedies.

Stick with practical people, practical = sane.

Don't ask the doctor to find out whether you have got OCD and all the rest - just read "Brain Lock" by Jeffrey Schwartz, I did and it has changed my life.

Just be depressed officially. For everything else they will be more underresourced (i.e without knowledge) than the counsellor

We will counsel you - eh gang?

I'm not so much of a chat room type in temperament, so looking forward to reading up more about you as we go ...

And read old posts in the various forum sections of interest ...

Archived