Mental Health Forums

How Do You Cope With This Kind Of Thing

Doctor Dysphoria

like i have stepped out of a dream whilst awake/experienced a lapse in time,feel unaturally calm and strange,spaced out

Things seeming unreal/unfamiliar or appearing as if they have been shot through the lens of an art school/avante garde film director.

I tend to get this way if very stressed.

sounds like dissociation...

its not easy it still freaks me out when i get it. and i still dont really understand why i get it. but i guess with time you have to accept that is is part of who you are?

is it random for you or linked to particular trigger events? i know you say stress causes it - is it stress related to particular events?

if you can pin it to something it may help you to anticipate when it is likely to happen, and the heads up can make you feel u have more control over it then, making it less scary and unpleasant...

keep posting about this... and good to see you back!

claire

xxxxx

I have kinda got to liking my dissociating. I just dont like the fact that at the time it strips me of my creative ability.

I also dont like the storm that usualy follows from within afterwards.

But the colours are so bright, noises around are as soft as a babys wimper,im seeing things as if they are 100 miles away can be a nice break from the frantic pace my brain normaly takes.

Think they stopped bothering me once I realised that it was my brains way of protecting me and giving me a short break.

Feelings cant kill you but to many at once can be very hard work.

L

xxx

Archived