Mental Health Forums

Hi I'm New To This Side....

celticgirl

Hi.....found this site after logging onto abuse world forums....still trying to find my way around all this at the moment.I"m a survivor of s**ual ,r*t**l and em*t*on*l ab*s* as a child and r*pe and s**ual ab*s* as an adult :( ...it has altered forever my view of the world.I have problems with depression,although i am much better than i was....i still get very weepy,easily stressed and panicky.I no longer have antidepressants(HOORAY!!) as they made me really ill,so i have 'natural' stuff instead.I get lots of fl*shb*cks and was diagnosed with PTSD several years ago whilst in h*spital,but this was never followed up....i have a great counsellor thankfully...the previous one who helped me hugely d**d of c*ncer,so it took me a long time to trust this one.I don't have a CPN or any other back up,but i am lucky to have a lovely partner who helps as much as she can when things get rough......Things not the easiest at the moment as coming up to anniversary of the r*pe,but slowly its getting better.Also used to s*lf h*rm a lot,but have managed not to now for a couple of years apart from the very occasional relapse.Anyway,thanks for reading all my rambling,and sending out some peace and safe hugs for all....kate x :bigarmhug[1]: :grouphug[1]:

hi kate

i have just started crying when i read your introduction

you sound so brave.

welcome to our site.

we are here for you to support you through tough times.

i hope youfind your way around soon and that you stick around

take care

Rachel

Hey Celtic Kate,

I felt so sad when I read your story. The fact that you are even still alive shows how incredibly brave and strong you are.

Hang in there, you're not alone.

xx

• 2 weeks later...

Hi.....found this site after logging onto abuse world forums....still trying to find my way around all this at the moment.I"m a survivor of s**ual ,r*t**l and em*t*on*l ab*s* as a child and r*pe and s**ual ab*s* as an adult :( ...it has altered forever my view of the world.I have problems with depression,although i am much better than i was....i still get very weepy,easily stressed and panicky.I no longer have antidepressants(HOORAY!!) as they made me really ill,so i have 'natural' stuff instead.I get lots of fl*shb*cks and was diagnosed with PTSD several years ago whilst in h*spital,but this was never followed up....i have a great counsellor thankfully...the previous one who helped me hugely d**d of c*ncer,so it took me a long time to trust this one.I don't have a CPN or any other back up,but i am lucky to have a lovely partner who helps as much as she can when things get rough......Things not the easiest at the moment as coming up to anniversary of the r*pe,but slowly its getting better.Also used to s*lf h*rm a lot,but have managed not to now for a couple of years apart from the very occasional relapse.Anyway,thanks for reading all my rambling,and sending out some peace and safe hugs for all....kate x :bigarmhug[1]::grouphug[1]:

Hi celticgirl. I hope that you find all the support that you deserve,from this site and from the survivors forum, you are very strong sharing your feeling with the forum. Bless you.

Hi Celtic and Welcome!

WE are glad you are here and hope you find comfort. There are many nice people here and we share lots of personal things because there is lots of understanding.

It sounds like you have come a long way and still have a long way to go but you are on the right track!

bets

hi kate welcome to the site, i hope you will feel at home here, everyone is very friendly and supportive, i look forward to getting to know you, take care rosehip xxx

Hi celticgirl

Welcome to the board and you are so brave and strong to have gone through what you have.

Just wanted to say welcome and hope you settle in and find everything here useful

Take care

chealsea

Hi everyone,thanks so much for all your messages...been away so only just picked them up....and hi spliffy,its Celtic as in irish/cornish... xx

Hello I also started off in abuse world but then found my way over here as it is so much busier.I do still use abuse world though and find it very helpfull.Nice to see you over here please take carex

• 2 weeks later...

hi celtigirl, i think i missed this intro the first time around. sorry about that! i was fairly new and trying to go back and keep up with them. Better late than never though, right! How are you doing? I hope OK. Welcome and I look forward to writing with you

Archived