Mental Health Forums

Introducing Myself

just me

Hi everyone,

I'm just me.

I'm a woman with B.P.D.

and all the bonus gifts you get with that.... such as depression, impulsive tendencies, anxiety etc

Well I guess you guys know the score.

I just wanted to say hello to you all and I'll post more in the future.

Anything you want to know feel free to ask after getting on for 10 years of therapy of one sort or another I'm an open book.

:wacko:

Hello innerpeace,

Good to meet you.

I don't mind at all, I would say that c.b.t. has been the most helpful to me personally, it's very hard work and took along time to start to help, i was very good at arguing back with myself lol. But the longer I have done it the easier it gets.

(c.b.t. = cognitive behavioral therapy)

Hello Just Me!

Great username! Welcome to the forum and I hope you find it helpful. Everyone on here is lovely and it is an incredible relief to hear the stories of others who have similar difficulties to oneself.

Am especially glad to hear you've had some success with therapy. One of the most important aspects of this forum is that, in hearing how others have learned to reduce their symptoms, we can bring each other hope for a kinder future.

My god, that sounds a bit fluffy!

Sod it! Who cares?

KP

xx

:) Thank you guys.

It's nice to be made to feel welcome

Happy to share anything i can that might help others kissprudence...

I think therapy has made me more stable therefore makes my life more stable and less living from one crisis to the next.

Unfortunately I've yet to find a 'cure' or something to actually stop the painful stuff from being so painful...

But at least now there is less stress and mess to fix when I come out the other side of a phases of depression.

Plus I'm still trying to find things that do help, so hopefully things will continue to improve.

Trust me, I still make mistakes and don't have all the answers. lol

but I do have Hope.

once you have lost hope, you never underestimate it's power when you find it again. ;)

Hey Just Me!

You sound like a good'un to me lady! And I do sooooooo love bunnies!

I'm really pleased to hear you're learning to cope with BPD. What's fantastic about this forum is that the people on it are all in different places with the conditon - which means that everyone has their own experience to share and everyone can learn from each other. I am especially happy to hear that you are feeling more stable now, and that you've managed to get off that damned rollercoaster that we're all so familiar with! You must have worked really hard. Good on you girl!

Looking forward to hearing more from you!

Best wishes,

KP

xx

Hello quiet_observer, thank you for the welcome. :)

Thanks kp, it certainly does seem like a great place, just reading things is helping me to recognise things in myself, and not feel so isolated. :)

Hi everyone,

I'm just me.

I'm a woman with B.P.D.

and all the bonus gifts you get with that.... such as depression, impulsive tendencies, anxiety etc

Well I guess you guys know the score.

I just wanted to say hello to you all and I'll post more in the future.

Anything you want to know feel free to ask after getting on for 10 years of therapy of one sort or another I'm an open book.

:wacko:

WELCOME

Archived