Mental Health Forums

We Have Babies!

aylaah

Four of them!

babies002.jpg

Three male gingers and one sorta tortoiseshell but not, she's mostly black with a stripe of brown here and there and white paws/nose, a girl obviously.

Mother and all babies doing fine! Eilish is an awesome mum!! And Iffy (the only possible male cat of ours) is NOT the father!!!! NO grey in sight!!!!!!

All born 5-7pm last night, happily sleeping in a box in my bedroom. I was there the whole time and it was so cool - the third litter I've seen born (that I remember, mum used to breed Siamese and Himalayans when I was very little), never gets old!

Will get better picks when I can :)

Barebones pity you're not near me I know of two who need homes!

I'm a dog person, but I'm a cat owner. I'm much better at cat ownership, dogs exhaust me, but I love them. I guess it's like other peoples' babies, you can enjoy the good bits and then hand them back :)

i will, and do ginger :) i love my kitties!!!!

Thought I'd post a pic for you of my other ginger, Stripey (desexed male, so not the father. unless his op was botched!)

stripey.jpg

OMG ((aylaah))

They are beautiful. :D

Thank you for sharing your piccies of them with us.

I have 2 brothers and 1 is a grey but think it might be too far for your other male to be the father!

tc

mort x

they are so tiny and so cute, i want to be small enough so i can sleep in the box with them.

I saw my two little buggers being born, it's so cool, and it's great that they have only ever lived with me, I feel like their real mum. :D

Cats are so bloody fantastic. One of my fav cats I had was ginger, Benny was really fat and cute

thanks for the pics, can't wait to see more

xx

AAAAHHHH!!! I rarely post these days, but anything to do with cats pulls me out of my quiet observer mode. They are beautiful...I should be getting a puss soon, although only when I move into my own flat...so for now, I shall swoon at these pics and fuss over my sister's moggy!

Stephxx :wub:

P.S. How do I transfer the pic on my desktop to this...I have a cute pic of Phoebe the cat I must share...

I love cats. I like it when they sit on your lap until your legs go completly numb.

My parents are dog people so I wont be getting one for a while. When I move out after my course I think I will get a cat and a dog so I can have the best of both worlds.

Ginger

i think you can add it as an attachment to the post, but i tend to save in photobucket (that way you can resize it etc after you see how big it is on here) and then post the 'img' tag they provide under the picture.

I've been reading up on genetics and colours and things, and Iffy might be the dad - the black is now more and more calico/tortoishell coloured which means she has to be female, and that the father isn't ginger - but that is about all it means. The gingers, have to be male i think. Apparently female gingers are pretty rare.

Here is a pic from just now, at 2 days old :) changing up already the gingers are really really fluffy!! hard to see in pic though.

There is one of kitties and mum as well :) I took the chance of her going to the loo to get one of them alone. I took one of Iffy, the only un-desexed male I own. I don't know if there are any others in the area! Anyone know more about cat genetics?

PICT0461.jpg

PICT0465.jpg

sorry had to post third pic in new post. off to resize now

PICT0459.jpg

aaaww they are so cute! are they make lots of really cute mew, mew noises? kittens meows are so cool.

At work we have a family of cats who live in the boiler room and one of the kittens hangs around the front door of our office, loads of people play with him and feed him and he comes running up to meet you and stuff. apparentely he got in the lift the other day.

xx

Cool thread, thank you!

If I remember rightly it's well possible for there to be more than one father per litter; as far as inherited genetics is concerned I haven't a clue!

Nice pix, keep them coming!

strat

I agree, they are just so heartwarming...the thought of those little 'mews'...I really want to get a kitten, but I will get a rescue moggy just so he know's where to poop!! Ooh, thanks for the tips on posting the pic...I am trying to get my avatar changed, so I will attempt to but Phoebe's pic in there:)

Stephxx

• 4 weeks later...

Mommy looks exactly like my Humita, back at my hometown, now the owner of my Mum (not the other way round).

Super-cute!

How do you give'em away when they grow up in a couple of months?? I haven't encouraged my "other two" to have babies because I KNOW I'll end up with ALL of them.

Hoorah!

Congratulations on the newborns!

They're beautiful!

And it's great to see some more gingers coming into the world!

Graham (my ginger man-cat) will be pleased!

KP

xx

yep daddy is another of our cats, and he's been awesome with them! I'm shocked!!! I thought he'd be agressive, being an undesexed male! But he's so gentle, and smells them, and eats in the room where they are, and lets them smell and climb and play on him, no worries!!!

They are going really well now, 4 weeks old today. Running and walking, still falling over, lol, starting to get interested in the water, and kitty litter too. I bought them a house - soft pet house thing - and they love it. Its dark and enclosed so I thought they would.

The one that was tortie but not, is well and truly tortie calico now, she's gorgeous.

They are sooooooo adorable. They come out as soon as they hear me walking around the bedroom or talking, they come over to my feet. It's so exciting when an animal likes you, lol.

dad is in the pic up there - the grey and white.

dadandbabies.jpg

kittens002.jpg

kittens005.jpg

this is Kozi

and the following is Stella

kittens006.jpg

The other two are Junior (aka scaredy cat, aka stripey junior cos they are both shy scaredy cats), and Pumpkin who is very fluffy, orange and big :) lol

Oooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Soooooooo beautiful!

Miowkins! Miowkins! Miowkins!

Love dem kitty-witties!!!!!

(Sorry, lost the power of normal speech!)

KP

xx

awww! can you stuff 'em in the post, I WANT THEM!

Thanks for sharing this, made me feel all yummy mummy inside

rebeccaborderline

Archived