Mental Health Forums

I'm Joining Mrs Tree

lostsoul

:)

that's typical. we stop trying and then, bam. well, accident plus bam.

this pregnancy thing is so odd.

anyway, we are both elated, and moving to devon too - with my parents, well, to be near my parents cos they are moving down there to start up a holiday cottage business (or more like take one over)

so we will be living in the countryside and our child can ride my parents' horses and chase their chickens. it's pretty cool.

i'm pretty terrified about my depression affecting me as a parent, but at least my doctor is happy that i can stay on my medication throughout the pregnancy.

well that's my news peeps. hope you are all doing good. don't come here much now so i'm not sure how you are all doing. but take care and be safe. and remember that dreams can come true...

:wub:

i'm going to get one of those baby-gaga things now, cos i think it's so neat

xxx

Congratulations :D

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The hungry phase for me passed and was replaced by morning isckness but you may not get it you never know.

i have worried all through pregnancy about the health of my baby couple of things reassured me getting to week 12,downs and spina birida results,first scan and how big my tummy was growing also can't think i would be this sick with an unhealthy baby LOL

I was gonna start swimming when the morning ickness stopped but it seems bump has an aversion to water like his Dad

thx for update

take good care of yourselves

fuck me losty poo I go away for a few months at most and you go and get knocked up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am really really thrilled for you both babes its fab news and who new your body could recover from years of abuse so quickly!! Hurrah Hurrah Hurrah!!

and double hurrah that you are moving to Devon cos its not too far from my olds and I can come and see you and I'm dead good with babies as long as they can support their own heads otherwise i might damage them.

Can I come and stay in devon purlease????????? Also have moved house, have no internet except at work at the mo, no landline and mobile number has changed. Will message you new number.

Apparently it is quite common for women to lose control of their bowels during labour (cos of all the pushing), and your ears swell up to three times their usual size and may never go back. I am a fountain of pregnancy knowledge and will throw a few choice facts your way from time to time.

Love you and big fag snogster to all three of yous.

Kazzah!!!

XXXX

lol i'm mortified to hear about the ear swelling as recently had cosmetic surgery to fix my longstanding teapotness

i heard that you grow an extra nose during pregnancy (oh no hold on a minute, you're growing an extra nose during my pregnancy. that's it)

yes you can come and stay in devon. t'would be brilliant. oh kazz, i've missed you mannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!

(womannnn)

give me your numbers then

xxx

sorry babe had to rush off and do some work!! how rude of them to expect me to work after hearing such marvellous news!!

Anyhoo, as I promised you, here is pregnancy fact #43256.34 v1.0.

You may not be aware that around 40% of pregnant women beginning growing an extra foot digit during the third trimester.

Although in modern humans it resembles little more than a nodule, or to use the scientific term, "stumpy toe", c.500,000 years ago it would have served to provide much needed extra balance for the pregnant person. (I say person, not woman, as I am sure you are aware up until c.400,000 years ago both male and female Homo sapiens had a uterus and childbirth was not limited to the female of the species.)

Once civilisation had progressed and such luxuries as Armchairs, Mobile Phones and Pizza Deliveries were available, the "Stumpy Toe" became somewhat redundant as it was now possible for the pregnant woman to spend the majority of her time horizontal.

This fact is surprisingly undocumentated and I have been able to find no reference to this phenomenon on the interweb. However, scientists now beleive that this is because many Stumpy Toe growths go unreported or are mistaken for corns/veruccas and other fungal infestations of the feet, or to use the scientific term "Ends of the legs, just past the ankles".

a new study is soon to be launched and any persons requiring further information, or who wish to take part in the study, should contact

stumpytoeresearchcentre@roystonvaisey.org.uk.com.

Thanks for tuning in, and I lok forward to the next instalment of Pregnancy Facts for uninformed.

yours sincerely,

Kazzapants (phd, MD, MPhil, Nsync, esquire)

Archived