Mental Health Forums

Metamorphic Technique

InnerPeace

I thought I'd share with folks a complimentary healing technique I've been having over the last few weeks...I've had 3 sessions now and I find it really exciting. I'd never heard of the metamorphic technique before my cranio-sacral therapist suggested it to me and it felt right straight away and I even decided it was something I wanted to learn how to do before having my first session...it only takes a weekend to learn.

This is what it says in the website before I say what I've noticed:

"What is the theory behind the Metamorphic Technique?

From the traditions of Eastern medicine to the new discoveries of science, it is generally acknowledged that energy or 'life force' underlies all forms of life. This is the basis for the Metamorphic Technique. It is now widely recognised that our energy can get 'stuck' in particular patterns. Every cell that makes up our bodies and minds holds memories of our experiences - not only from our childhood but going right back through our time in the womb to the moment we were conceived. When an experience affects us strongly, the thoughts, emotions and beliefs connected to that memory can set up energy patterns in which we become 'stuck'. In a sense, they keep us stuck in the past. These energy patterns can express themselves in a variety of ways, such as physical or mental illness, emotional problems, limiting attitudes and beliefs or repeating patterns of behaviour. In fact the Metamorphic Technique sees all mental, emotional, physical and behavioural 'problems' as symptoms or expressions of energy patterns.

By using a light touch to the spinal reflex points on the feet, hands and head, the Metamorphic practitioner acts as a catalyst (something that speeds up a process of change) to the person's life force. The life force, guided by the person's innate intelligence, will then bring about whatever transformations of the energy patterns are needed. This enables the person to naturally shift those patterns that no longer serve them. The energy that was 'stuck' is released, freeing them up from past influences and allowing them to let go and move forward."

For me the changes have been subtle but noticeable...doing things that show I'm freer in my approach like starting to cook without weighing things when normally I'm really a perfectionist when it comes to cooking and have to have everything exact...speaking out in a group without thinking about it first...I'm much more into my cooking than I have been in years and really enjoying being creative...I haven't been so stand offish with my mum and joined her and my step-dad on a trip out to the coast and really enjoyed beingout with the dog which I haven't done for ages...I was able to do some inner child work that I haven't been able to do before.

Little things but significant in getting back to myself. In the last session I started to get earache in my right ear...this links to an issue releasing itself and ear ache can be an indication of us wanting to block what we don't want to hear...I had glue ear throughout my childhood so that could have been my body's reaction to blocking painful words. I have a lot of fluid retention in my legs and that can be a sign of fear of moving forward, weighing my legs down.

I've had amazing reiki healing in the past and NLP too. Haven't tried hypnosis yet but like the idea. Therapies are great but they're so slow because our 'stuff' is deeper than the conscious level.

Anyway, just thought I'd share that...can't wait till my next session and learning it the first weekend in December.

Archived