Mental Health Forums

Special Talents!

kissprudence

Hello everyone!

It's me again! The yippety yip yip pup who talks too much!

I'm a bit frazzled now because I've gone a bit manic, and I need to calm down so I'm going to take a break for a couple of days. Hope you don't mind. It's just something I need to do if I'm going to avoid any silliness.

While I'm away, I really thought it would be a great idea if we continue from Just Me's senstitivty thread and my burn-out thread, which both relate to people with BPD being exceptionally talented and blessed in so many special ways.

I know this will be hard for some of you, but please could you try to post on here, and tell me all about your special talents? Don't anyone pretend they don't have any! I know that all of you do!

If you're feeling low and really cannot find anything good in yourself right now, read the sensitivity and burn-out threads, and it might just give you some inspiration!

I feel sure that we are a very unusual, gifted and intelligent bunch.

I would really love to hear everyone say something positive about themselves. I'd love to know what your special gifts are. Anything from being deeply moved by the arts or music, to having a strange sixth sense about things, to being able to communicate with animals without really knowing how.

Please please please post!

Thanks everyone.

Finding this forum has totally changed my life, and I have you all to thank for that!

It's time we started to hold our heads up high and to recognise that we are all very special!

Big love,

KP

xx

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Micheal

• InnerPeace

• badger

• kissprudence

This is a really exercise (for want of a better word)...I surprised myself when I had to tell someone on my course what my strengths were because although I had them in my head, I completely dried up and couldn't remember them when I had to say them out loud to him.

Ok...talents...ummm...I'm a fairly good cook, I can sew, I'm a bit psychic/empathic, I can channel healing.

Wow, can you really speak 12 languages VB? That is an amazing talent to have!

Hmmm, feeling a bit special at the moment but not in a talented or beautiful way...

But I would offer:

I am good at writing

I have a lot of compassion and empathy

All I can conjure right now.

Mr Chimpy

Thanks for the replies people!

Okay, just wanted to add something before I slink off, because I can tell that lots of you are struggling with this!

Highly Sensitive People (HSP's) are born into all walks of life. It is not an inherited trait. A highly sensitive child can be born of two non highly sensitive parents non-HSP's). This is nature's way of ensuring that HSP's are evenly distributed throughout the population. HSP's are essential to the survival of others, because we are particularly aware of any changes in our environment, and we are biologically programmed to constantly alert others of potential dangers.

The fact that people diagnosed with BPD come from all walks of life, supports this theory.

Therefore, some of us will have been lucky enough to be born into affluent families and will have benefited from a high standard of education. Some of us will have been born into less fortunate families who sadly lived in poor areas without access to the education and opportunities we deserved. Most of us will have fallen somewhere inbetween.

This thread is not just about education or academic acheivement (although those things are also very worthy of recognition), it is about ANYTHING which you feel you have an unusual or exceptional talent for.

I hope I've helped some of you who felt unable to post so far.

I know you're out there!

Oh, and by the way...

Bladey! HOW many languages? That's incredible!

Innerpeace! You're a healer! Wow!

And Chimpy! You get back on here this MINUTE and tell everyone what an incredible person you really are, otherwise I'm going to do it, and you won't like that!

I won't have any modesty from you lot! I'm not going to stand for it!

This is tough love time!

Love you guys,

KP

xx

P.S. Right, am buggering off now! Sorry for the strong tone, but you're all amazing and you need to start accepting it, no matter how uncomfortable or unfamiliar that concept is to you!

P.P.S. Sorry for my unforgiveable use of the word "amazing". Don't know about you guys, but it reminds me of that shiny man-beast from Big Brother!

:o

Jesus Fuckety Fuck !!!!!!!!!!!!

12 Languages!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow Bladey, mucho respeto, I am totally in awe.

And I'm sorry to say this but I have to. You bastard. Languages is the one area where I am a complete fuckwit, I've been in Spain for two years and my Spanish is crap, I can just about get by in shops and banks etc but I couldn't have a conversation with anyone.

12 languages, phew, I think I may need to go an lie down now

Badger

PS sorry about the bastard bit :D

PS KP I'll be back sometime later to tell you about my "special" talents

yea, umm 12 languages *embarrassed face*

i speak them all at varying levels ranging from complete fluency down to enough to get by should i need to.

the languages are..

english

french

welsh

spanish

italian

german

dutch

urdu

portuguese

catalan (a regional language in spain)

finnish

polish

sry to put dampner on this but im a expert in how to distroy myself and use other people to help. so i guess that my talent.

good on everyone else who has true talent wish i had the same.

yeha i have that for all animals but it dont mean anything because of humans as normal. its not anything that can be sort after. my other gift is i could work in a morge hey thats me i find the dead interesting than the living. sry im being morbid things is crap with me and not sure what anyone can do.

This may help if you feel stuck...we're generally good at the things we enjoy...so ask yourself what you enjoy doing and that's probably a talent (I'm not sure if drinking and eating count though). Also, how did you enjoy playing as a child? Drawing, building things with bricks, taking things apart and putting them back together again? I used that formula to help me decide what type of work I should do too.

bin bags Jai?! I've lead a sheltered life!

None of these are professional though I try to apply the first two of these in my work:

Thinking outside the box(es)

Anything to do with words (but not speaking or hearing, so much)

Appreciation of people with specific learning differences/difficulties

Appreciation of people's digestive needs

Appreciation of people's learning needs

Making patterns out of letters and numbers

Historical and geographical information (taking the long, wide view)

I delight in:

Harmony and movement in music

Subtle tastes in food

Colour everywhere - not dark complicated patterns though

Autumn smells

Moving air

Water in landscape such as rivers (I was born with the scent of the Thames in my nostrils)

Buses, trains, planes, unusual cars (but not mending them)

Well i have the same talent as Drew, to F*ck up big style and also to lose people. People seem to like to leave me when they get to know me, maybe my talent is pushing people away and shutting them out. I don't have anything positive at this moment but i those 2 are talents in themselves. I will say no more i hope people can bring the thread back to life with there positive talents, you all have them hiding somewhere.

I am really good at cleaning...

I am also really good at endurance fitness events, especially ones involving high mountains.

I get really inspired to do good things by music.

oh and I can do 10 chin ups and yes I am a girl.

I have a special talent of putting everybody else first, which can be handy when you do not want to think about your own stuff, but a hinderance when you are breaking.

I was just thinking about this again and i thought what would bladey say my talents are and this is what i came up with - are you ready lol.

I have a talent for waffling on :lol:, if something could be said in 2 words i will say it in 10 lol or maybe 20. No seriously i don't think thats a talent it proves more of a hinderance to me but its all i can think of.

i am good with children friends call me supernanny

i can get by in 1 language

i have tutored children in maths and english

i can stop traffic (usually cos i push my wheelchair into the road )

Archived