• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Micheal

• InnerPeace

• badger

• kissprudence

i'm clairsentient and can feel what people are feeling...not a special talent but kinda freaks people out sometimes. pretty psychic too. both of which most likely contributed to this illness and don't help it when you are feeling things you might not necessarily want to know!!

hey badger do u or hubby ever wake yourselves up with one? I do that sometimes :blink:

I'm usually the first to put up the 'Who was that?!' shout but it usually turns out to be me. :huh:

hey badger do u or hubby ever wake yourselves up with one? I do that sometimes :blink:

I'm usually the first to put up the 'Who was that?!' shout but it usually turns out to be me. :huh:

:lol: yep, I have gassed myself awake a few times but it's usually the noise that wakes me. I am however a bit of an amateur really compared to me hubby cos he does these really loud violent farts in the middle of the night and I wake up kind of jumping around saying "what the fuck was th....oh it was just a fart, that's ok".

If Mike smells anything he always assumes it's me and then I have to try and convince him that it was in fact the cow farm we have just driven past.

My hubby even has a little fart song he likes to sing:

"farting is good for you, it makes you laugh and it makes you poo"

I'm Happiest around children, probably because my childhood was f**ked. I good at helping other peepsproblems, but crap at my own. I have no trust of others because i can see through them to there hidden agenda. Not sure if there talents or not, but there you go.

TC

Murdock

For as long as live farting will always be funny

Oh Absolutely! Just talking about them makes me laugh let alone hearing one. Do we all still giggle like 10 year old's or what??!! I see we are all very talented farters then. Pretty damn good. Hey we're smiling for the moment, right?

• 3 months later...

Hi everyone!

I've posted on this thread again because there are a lot of new people on the site since I started it, and I'd love it if you could all write something positive here about yourselves. BPD has a nasty habit of making one feel like a decomposing stoat most of the time, so taking the time to consider what we're good at is certainly a challenge! Do give it a try, and I don't want to upset anyone when I say this, but please let's keep things positive. This thread is intended to help us all to acknowledge that although we have BPD, we are exceptionally gifted in many wonderful ways which are often overlooked.

So, good talents only please! Obviously, humourous talents are always very welcome too!

I hope to be hearing from many of you soon!

Take care chickadees!

KP

xx

P.S. My ultimate talent is the rare ability to insert, "Yip! Yip!" into practically everything I write.

P.P.S. Oh yes, and I keep the exclamation mark in business!

P.P.P.S. Yip! Yip! Hoorah! See?

:D

Well, I'd have to say my first talent to be a definate lack of modesty. I suppose in both senses of the word, lol. I've always believed that if I don't toot my own horn no one else will. Also, pour a few drinks down my throat and my clothes somehow disappear. :lol: I had a few in mind but reading throught he post gave me plenty more ideas.

Anyone who's read through my profile knows I'm an autodidact. I'm extremely good at learning a lot about any subject I'm interested in very quickly. This would be the basis of the rest of my talents, like the ability to play most instruments by ear (I can't do brass instruments. they make my nose itch).

Computers. when it comes to computers I just know what to do, or can figure it out in no time.

I only speak English and French, but I can probably match VB on computer languages. Let's see:

HTML

VB Script

PHP

SQL (and most of it's flavours)

JavaScript

UNIX

DOS

C++

Pascal

OK, maybe not quite 12, but I swear I'm forgetting some.

I sing well, empathic, good at reading people even through the text of the internet, juggling. Not to mention the things I can't mention here.

Hoorah!

Go Chris!

Your talents sound quite marvellous and very special indeed!

It's fantastic that you're interested in so many things, too!

Thanks for the post!

Hoping to see many more on here soon!

KP

xx

:D

Well I'm told I am good at writing, have given stuff to others to read and posted some fanfiction on a website, and they all went down quite well, hopefully people weren't just being polite, I'd love to write professionally but my state of mind often prevents me from concentrating on one thing for long enough to be able to produce anything worth while. I'm told I can sing, but it's usually when i'm drunk and have stolen the karaoke mike for the evening, so have no idea if i'm really any good.

Sarah

Art (painting/Drawing), Computers, I can eat a 6 inch sub in 6 bites, i scream like a girl fairly well, I've got a great long distance shot in disc golf, I can give a mean back/foot rub, I make awesome grilled cheese sandwiches and can cook other things pretty good too.

Yay!

Thanks guys!

Sarah, it's great that you write and that you get positive feedback. You should keep at it. I read that people with BPD are unusually adept at expressing themselves verbally, and that many have an exceptional ability to use their language to advantage in any given situation. In short, we're great talkers! I must say I'm impressed with your drunken karaoke skills too! That kind of performance takes guts!

Sphacelate, your talents are varied and sound very appealing! Foot rubs and cheese toasties, huh? Yum! The art talent sounds great too. It's so important to have a way of expressing yourself, so anything creative is good!

Thanks for your input!

KP

xx

I can program in 7 main programming languages (and several sub-dialects, so to speak). But I cannot learn a foreign language. (WTF?!)

I make connections that other people do not, i.e. I see the patterns others are blind to.

Painter (mostly miniatures now, restarting canvas painting again after a 15 year hiatus... bad car accident, lost the ability to draw well)

(ex)Musician... I don't have the patience to put samples and loops together right now.

Masseuse.

(ex)Poet. (ex)Writer [well, not really, I feel a writing phase coming up]

Author. I wrote a book about people who sell workshops to Pick Up Artist wanna-be and "nice guys" who lack the ability to communicate with women to sell themselves well.

I can read body language better than most males can consciously.

I can roll my tongue up in a tube. :)

I can turn anything into a dirty joke. ;)

I can make fun of my own religious beliefs without shame. B)

I guess my over-riding skill is photography (although my inclination to take shots is subdued most of the time)

I'm able to handle computers extremely well, and teach myself most applications/programming skills

I'm pretty good with words and writing, but never had the guts to share it with anyone

I'm able to solve other people's problems, which I guess makes me good at analysing problems

I have a good line in sarcasm

I make a mean Shepherds Pie

I can turn any drama into a crisis (I think this has already been claimed beforehand though)

i just got my certificate in drawing naked people

i make a mean cup of tea

i can read and write very very fast and speak german and understand some greek

i can hula hoop a big hoop around my neck for hours till i get tired

i have perfected the art of using long unecessary words in arguments so i win :P

uhm... i have the ability to switch from silent and timid to loud drama queen in precisely 6 seconds, and growl like a scary man

i can sing and make funny songs on my instruments, with stupid words to make people smile, and don't mind making an arse out of myself to cheer people up either (that's the talent that comes most naturally!)

i can make my tongue go in a 3 leaf clover shape

i can climb trees :D

I don't consider myself to be that talented with anything. But I guess these could be classed as talent, or strong points...

I'm usually good with kids (unless I'm going in an "episode") They seem to love me, and I love them. They just seem to be able to tell that I love kids. They come to me a lot, if I'm out or whatever :).

I can be good with writting. I like to write Poetry and lyrics and stores. Sadly not so much lately, but especially in the past. Sometimes I get stuck and they don't come out so good, but sometimes I know they are good. So yeah, writting could be considerd one.

Erm...English in general. That was my strong point at school. And also Drama. Acting. I'm a drama queen ;) haha. Along with the Drama side comes something that isn't very positive...lying. I know I can be a great liar if I want to be. I'm just good at pretending I guess. That's something I try not to tell people, though. Just incase they then think I'm always lying to them!

Wow, I guess I have more than I thought, lol. Cool.

Ok...here goes. Gonna try list my talents (if you can call them that):

Im very good at putting others at ease

Im great at solving other peoples problems

I make a bloody awesome leek & pancetta risotto

My stew & dumplings are pretty good too, come to think of that...

Oooh..as are my triple choc brownies

Im great at making people see reason in arguments (used to be called The Equaliser at school & get called in when fights broke out!)

Im great at making a total unashamed git of myself for others amusement

Im very good at accepting my own bad points

Im good at knitting groups of people who dont' normally get on together

And, Im awesome at oral sex! (but terrible at all other kinds of sex!)

Yay, me!!

xCx

I can tell you what my friends say about me, even if I don't completely agree with them.

Ok here goes.

I've beena accused of

Having a good singing voice (my friends and my mother try getting me to sign up for that x factor. no way!)

I'm good with animals.

I'm good at fixing things. (even clothes, sewing etc, ahem....errr....)

Being a fantastic friend, especially to Becky. I've been able to bring her out of a few episodes (she suffers from bpd too) never easy though.

Being good at making others laugh

Being good at my job. I work as a Sales Advisor in the automotive trade. (not bad for someone with mentall illness)

Finding a solution (????) It has happened on a few occasions.

HOW MANY LANGUAGES??????

WOW. I only know English, French and Spanish. I'm from a Welsh family and don't know a single welsh word. CRIKEY!!!

So for now I would like to say Bye, au revior, adios, ciao, auf wiedersein, sayoonara

Being sort of Psychic.... i can't explain it, but sometimes with people / situations i just know things that are happening, and tbh i wish i didn't because it's like knowing something you're not supposed to, and people find it freaky and try and make me justify Why? Recently i've started to get a bad habits when people are talking to me, and say the things they're struggling to say; only because i want to make it easier for them, and so many people seem to be constricted by society norms of how they should be, what the should say, whereas as long as your not hurting anyone i believe that everyone finds their individual path and there is no right or wrong.

Another special talent of mine is making massive life changing decisions, then not looking back for a second - Maybe a characteristic of my Black and White way of doing things...as far as i'm concerned i'm either doing something (no half-hearted attempts, may as well not bother otherwise) or not!

Small children and animals are usually happy in my company (all my friends have commented on my ability with their new-borns)

I used to be a dam good climber, and was better than most of my male friend too, not that i ever agreed with people when they said it (didn't want to seem 'Up' myself), but the climbing went hand-in-hand with my massive fitness craze.

Like many others i too am amazing at isolating myself from everyone, especially when i need them most, putting others needs before mine to such a degree that lateri beat myself up about unhappy it made me...Yesh, wish i could show myself the same considerations and empathy - Bet i'm not alone one there? ^_^

I have proved many mathematical theorems on my own...

I have made some special theories regarding the physical laws of nature...

I can play the guitar... and experiment with lots of music

I have been a chess champion in my school...

I have played around with and made computer viruses, though it didnt do harm to anybody, but just crashed my own computer :)

I have made programming language of my own...

I play around with operating systems...

I have been climbing rocks with bare hands...

I can understand people and their emotions, sometimes manipulate also... read a lot (compared to my age 21 yrs) about psychology, and sociology factors...

Besides these I would say I am not a typical nerd... but somewhat religiously intense in whatever I do...

I have been engaged in psychology and stuff for like 4 yrs now...

And always observing people and their emotions, I consider it to be the best time-pass

One special talent is still to be fulfilled...

"To be a great lover and being great in attracting and charming people"

I always cry to achieve that...

But all that I have been doing is sit at home and regret...

Before my episodes started I did charm people...

But now I think my borderline will stop me from being that... :(

One special talent is still to be fulfilled...

"To be a great lover and being great in attracting and charming people"

I always cry to achieve that...

But all that I have been doing is sit at home and regret...

Before my episodes started I did charm people...

But now I think my borderline will stop me from being that... :(

Don't you believe that will never happen for a second!!

I think some of the Borderlines I know, are some of the most charming people I've ever met.

Only a couple of days ago did someone say to me 'You're as mad as a hatter but you light up the room every time you walk in!'

See...how cool is that?!!

xCx

Not sure if it's a talent as such but I'm one of the UK's biggest collectors of reggae music and when I'm feeling up to it I go out and DJ at a pub or club. I've also appeared as a guest DJ on Solar Radio on the SKY network in the UK (forgot the channel number now lol cos they changed them all).

I also have podcasts that you can find if you do a search for DJ Greedy G. You'll also find the music forum that I set up where I tend to argue with people who don't understand my moods lol....

It's just a shame that with my BPD I tend to shut myself away at times and also I react angrily to people who claim that I'm not a good DJ. Many people say that I am and people are entitled to their own opinions but some people say I'm crap as they know they'll get a good argument out of me. I tend to be entertainment for bored idiots..... is that a talent too??? :)

G

I'm good at those little mind boggler puzzles and such-can usually figure them out before anyone else-'cept my bf who now steals them and takes them home to work on them hisself before I get a chance, lol.

I can free-hand anything that I look at nearly, and always have been able to.

I like to write poetry a lot, and tho it really does turn out nice and something to be proud of doing and usually a bit depressing, it's still nice to have someone read it and say "that is EXACTLY how I feel right now".

I have... I don't know what you would call it-but I can literally look at someone (not myself ever) and tell how they are feeling-I guess intuitive? I can see people in a chat room talking or not, and just know if they need someone to talk to, and they warm up to me very quickly. (I just wish I could talk to people like that in RL as easily, lol) ...then again, could be for the better-in a chat room if they don't wanna talk they can put me on iggie, in RL they can punch me, lol.

I don't know if you all believe in paranormal activity, but I have a real nack for finding it and moving right into it-before I moved here I used to pray near the windows and such as means of protection from it and people who stayed over or stayed for long periods of time would say that they had visions of white flowing sheets over the windows as they fell asleep... I've also been told I have a very bright white aura around me, I've had children ask me if I'm an angel on numerous occasion, and when I worked at the truckstop, people said they could not see me through the huge window on some nights-all they could see was light. I don't think it's so much a talent, but it's pretty nifty all the same.

Archived