Mental Health Forums

A Little Gestalt Therapy Theory

InnerPeace

We cannot keep doing the same thing and expect a different result. (God I love that one!)

We cannot change unless we first realise and accept where we are now.

Our body language reflects what our subconscous thoughts and feelings...become aware of what our bodies are doing and saying.

We self-harm when we feel can't change our environment.

The only constant in life is change...we are all in a state of process.

Our energy goes to where we focus our attention. At any time we can change what we are interested in.

We have a drive to be whole and complete unfinished business.

Be aware of the words we use...why do we say "sorry" so much? Do we really mean "can't" or do we actually mean "won't".

Personalise things..."it makes me feel this way" becomes "I feel this way".

Try a change of perspective...think of a situation where you believe something or someone's thoughts/motives to be a certain case, then imagine then to have been the opposite or something different from what you originally thought...how does that feel now?

Experience yourself as fully as possible

We cannot keep doing the same thing and expect a different result. (God I love that one!)

We cannot change unless we first realise and accept where we are now.

Our body language reflects what our subconscous thoughts and feelings...become aware of what our bodies are doing and saying.

We self-harm when we feel can't change our environment.

The only constant in life is change...we are all in a state of process.

Our energy goes to where we focus our attention. At any time we can change what we are interested in.

We have a drive to be whole and complete unfinished business.

Be aware of the words we use...why do we say "sorry" so much? Do we really mean "can't" or do we actually mean "won't".

Personalise things..."it makes me feel this way" becomes "I feel this way".

Try a change of perspective...think of a situation where you believe something or someone's thoughts/motives to be a certain case, then imagine then to have been the opposite or something different from what you originally thought...how does that feel now?

Experience yourself as fully as possible

Very nice,Innerpeace you are fantastic at writing meanfull words. :D

thoughtful sentiments worth remembering. also worth remembeing is that to attain that mental set it must be practiced daily. sometimes hard to do but attainable.

thoughtful sentiments worth remembering. also worth remembeing is that to attain that mental set it must be practiced daily. sometimes hard to do but attainable.

Hi Betsy. :D You are very right, very wise words

Glad you like the post. Yes it does take a lot of repetition for things to sink from the conscious to the sub-conscious where all the yucky stuff is. Some people have affirmations, which are positive statements, posted all over the house but I haven't got into that.

I had a kick start from a very gifted reiki healer and also had Time Line (part of Neuro Linguistic Programming) which helped a lot too...both work on the level that the 'damage', for want of a better word, is held at so it has immediate results although doesn't cover everything at once because we're so complex and healing is up the individual.

I haven't tried hypnosis yet but I quite fancy it. I'm enjoying metamorphic technique at the moment, the changes are subtle but definitely there. The wordy stuff helps keep me on track and my counselling course really increased my self-awareness and that helps a lot.

Archived