Mental Health Forums

Hi All

lloydy

Hi all, i am new to any kind of chat site and i am hoping to find people to chat with that REALLY understand what it is like to suffer from depression.

I've been suffering for about 18 months, i have my own business and i have hardly been able to do anything for all of this time which is now causing major problems between my business partner and myself.

On advice from my consultant, i am currently working only 3 hours a week and i am absolutly dreading going in tomorrow. I have a CBT session booked for the afternoon and i quite look forward to these as my counsellor usually manages to get me to ponder on life and USUALLY gets me to see that life is worth living.

any way, hope to hear from some of you.

keep smiling

david

Hi David and welcome :),

I hope you find the support you are looking for here and alot of us can relate to the feelings of depression, so you have come to the right place for some genuine understanding. It must be really hard having your own business at the best of time let alone when you are suffering from depression, so i take my hat off to you for keeping going with it. Thanks for telling us a little about yourself and take it in your own time finding your way around etc and if you have any problems just shout, there will always be someone willing to point you in the right direction.

Take care and i hope you settle in here and find what you are looking for.

xxxxxx

Hi all, i am new to any kind of chat site and i am hoping to find people to chat with that REALLY understand what it is like to suffer from depression.

I've been suffering for about 18 months, i have my own business and i have hardly been able to do anything for all of this time which is now causing major problems between my business partner and myself.

On advice from my consultant, i am currently working only 3 hours a week and i am absolutly dreading going in tomorrow. I have a CBT session booked for the afternoon and i quite look forward to these as my counsellor usually manages to get me to ponder on life and USUALLY gets me to see that life is worth living.

any way, hope to hear from some of you.

keep smiling

david

Hi Lloydy Once again welcome, :D I really believe you will get the support you need from this site

Every one staff and member's are very supportive of each other and understand what you are going through, I am glad to hear the CBT session's are going well for you.

Take care and iI hope everything goes well tomorrow at work.

Hello again David,

That's good that you have a counsellor that you feel comfortable with and that you get something positive out of the sessions.

tc

xx

Hi David :)

I also run my own business with a business partner.....luckily he suffers from depression too, but usually one of us is feeling ok about the business so it kinda balances out.

Good luck with the CBT, had CAT which is fairly similar, you need to make sure you do your homework between sessions!!!

Best wishes

Danny

Hello David I'm depressed too

It has been devastating to my employment

I also have a range of disabilities including autism

I live alone

Good to have you around

:) Welcome David,and thanks for your honesty...depression and other mental health problems can be so hard because there's no physical signs of illness,so those who haven't been there can struggle to understand.Hope you find some understanding and space here love kate xx

Archived